JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IDK about the other areas, but here once the fish start in the rivers they very quickly change colors and get mushier. I'll take ocean caught anyday, but will never turn down a fresh river caught salmon.

Give me the rivers any day.
If you fish tidewater you'll get salmon chrome and with sea lice on them just like in the ocean. The upper rivers provide action that can't be beat, except you'll deal with a lot of moron snaggers.

Fishing is overrated.. catching is the bomb..

Ocean fishing when the sea permits, is usually more productive.. You may have to change spicies to bring home the dinner, but bottom fish, salmon, tuna, halibut, and ling cod, all seem eatible.

I was raised on 40# King Salmon and 200# halibut in SE Alaska, so I've never been able to develop an interest in small, freshwater fish. I'd like to tackle a nice sturgeon or muskie someday, but for now, chasing tuna, opah and salmon shark is my thing.

-Case

I love small river fishing. It is easier to read the water and for the most part you don't need a depth finder if you are in a boat. Some of my best days of fishing have been on the Deschutes around Maupin in the winter. Winter fishing is harder, but you don't have the splash and giggle crowd to contend with. I've been out there during the winter and never seen another fisherman on some days.

I've done a little salmon fishing and bottom fishing. But i cant say i have had more fun fishing than crappie fishing. Brownlee Reservoir on the Oregon-Idaho border is phenomenal! I went with a friend of mine for a week and caught 60 to 100 crappie a day with a few bass, perch, and bluegill mixed in. About 2 hours a day was spent fileting and i ended up with enough to feed everyone at my family reunion (150 people eating fish tacos).. Fishing was so good even my 4, 9, and 11 year old didnt get bored. Fish bit all day long with few slow times. On ultralight spinning rods it was a blast!

The actual fishing/catching? If I can find a nice secluded fishing hole I would rather fish for and reel in a fish from the bank than any other way of fishing.

My fishing buddy Jack Daniels feels the same way, except he is sometimes disturbed, and awakened, by his line swimming upstream.

CanCanCase if you want to gamble, get a farm, the odds are on your side, but not by much.
Fishing the ocean is the best! And the fish you catch taste so much better.
If you can afford a boat and the fuel.
Bass, Blue Gill and other fresh water fish are a hoot to catch.
I've been beached with not much chance of getting off the beach. So not much fishing action. But have stored up alot of good times.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top