JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think I have to go with the J-22. HA
Nothing beats the unreliability of a Jennings :D

Honestly though, I was rather disappointed by Mossberg 500. Say what you will, I just think its a sloppy design.

LOL same her.

Jennings Jen blew up in my buddy's hand. Can't remember if it was. 380 or. 22 but I cracked the slide and blew the grips off.

Mossberg 590sp. Cracked pistol grip and soon slide stoped functioning from speed shooting 00 Buck, I mean come on.

Biggest disappointment: Kel Tec SUB 2000... thing would feed 1 mag fine, then the rest were a disaster. My AR-7; but I kinda expected it to have feeding problems and I can work around them by tweaking the mags.

Favorites: my old rem 597, and my KAHR P45. Haven't shot the Rem in a while, but provided I kept it clean, worked fine and was accurate enough for me.

I love my Kahr, but its not an all day at the range sort of gun. I get fatigued after about 125 rounds.

I don't know if this counts or not but my biggest disappointment firearm was the AR-15 issued to me in Iraq. A2 lower with an A3 upper. Cracked forearm grip, bent/loose gas tube and my front post wouldn't keep it's zero, the retaining pin was worn out. I eventually traded up but that was kind of scary not knowing if my old battle wagon was going to even halfway function when it came down to it (It did by the way).

Armscor 2" snub-nose .38 Special. Thought it was such a cool-looking pop-gun, had to have it. After the fact, realized that there are no aftermarket grips or holsters that properly fit, and the DA trigger felt like dragging a piano down a gravel road. Not to mention the cylinder had more play in it than a roomful of teenagers.

SA trigger pull was excellent, but that didn't keep me from trading it off.

I am most disappointed in the 1911s I've owned over the years. The first one (a Colt Commander) had so much barrel slop when it was locked up that I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn on a clear day. I have an Essex frame that is manufactured too long between the magazine latch and the top of the frame. Dang thing causes the rounds to nose dive into the frame feed ramp with the first 4 rounds out of any magazine and won't feed. Then I had a Llama IX-B that someone messed with the feed ramps so bad that the frame was spoiled. And currently I also have a RIA Compact that someone messed with the feed ramps.

Here's a gunsmithing tip to all who are not gunsmiths. DON'T F* with the G.D. feed ramps on your 1911. You can quickly ruin a good firearm.

The one that disappointed me the most was my Kel Tec P11. This is a great gun for some but we just didn't match. This has a very heavy and long trigger pull since it is with out any safety. After taking it out to the range a few times I decided it just wasn't comfortable and it would best fit someone else. So I sold it.

FN SCAR...
feels more like you are holding a pair of crutches instead of a rifle and the piston action is very clunky and the overall fit and finish very poor overall for a rifle of this price.
Disappointed all around.

Very disappointing. Needs high quality ammo. Nice long list on their website of the ammo you CANNOT use or should not use. Sold is so fast it was cursing in German at me!

I don't know if this counts or not but my biggest disappointment firearm was the AR-15 issued to me in Iraq. A2 lower with an A3 upper. Cracked forearm grip, bent/loose gas tube and my front post wouldn't keep it's zero, the retaining pin was worn out. I eventually traded up but that was kind of scary not knowing if my old battle wagon was going to even halfway function when it came down to it (It did by the way).

They issued you an AR15 in Iraq?... I'd be pissed too....

My biggest handgun disappointment would be my old Ruger P90. It functioned perfectly for a few years, then began feeding incorrectly. Random gouges appeared in the feedramp, no amount of work ever brought it back. Its not worth selling, so it sits in the safe.

I WAS dissapoinyed in my ppk/s (leave it to s&w to bubblegum up a perfectly good gun) untill I fixed it (jamming)

My biggest dissapointment was my springfield GI stainless.
jamming, failure to feed, failure to fire, stovepipes etc. the only thing it didn't do was break.

I got it fixed with a new recoil spring, polishing the ramp, polishing the extractor, replacing mag springs, etc. then I put a WC extractor in it, tested it, and sold it.

2 guns: A Sig Mosquito. POS

Beretta 9000s. It was my first handgun and I thought it looked so cool. I eventually sold it once I realize it was an overpriced, inaccurate handgun.

While it was probably fine for it's intended purpose, the Backup .45 was a miserable gun to shoot. Trough for a sight and the longest, heaviest pull of any firearm, ever!
The AMT Automag II was a bubblegum and needed specific ammo, but I kinda wish I had that one back.

By the way, the P12-45 I bought new was a very good gun. It did develop a timing problem, but I couldn't have asked for better service when I had to send it back. Once it was returned it did not give me a lick of trouble for the many more years that I owned it (And I shot it a lot!). Sold it to a board member after I bought a CBOB, since I knew it wouldn't ever see much use again.

Out of all of mine it would be both of the Xd's that I've had. A compact 45 and a Tactical 40. Neither were very accurate with me and I didn't like the way you took them down, I also didn't like the grip safty. Sold both and replaced them with Glocks. Also was hated my dads Remington 1100, I'm use to quick reloads with my 870 and having to push the button on the elevator everytime I loaded a shell sucked. I shot a GSG-5 also and wouldn't pay any more than $50 for one of them, jammed more than it shot.

Had a Star 45. The only safe place was in front of the target. I can't believe all the Taurus bashing unless it's the semi autos I've never had one of those. Out of six wheel guns from 22 mag to 454 Casul I've never had a complaint and was very impressed with short barrel accuracy.

Benelli Sport II 12 ga 30" barrel

I wanted a Benelli for the longest time & finally bought one. I couldn't hit anything with that gun. It's not that it was a bad gun; just not the right gun for me. Disappointing.

Of guns I own(ed): Ruger LCP for jamming. For the price... if I couldn't afford a solid upgrade, I'd consider it a starter or cheap BUG. I think I have noticed that guys have had less trouble with it jamming than me since they have a firmer grip. But even for them... too many times. Not very comfortable to shoot either.

Guns I don't own and probably won't due to issues or breaking pieces (unless they are all I could afford): berretta, bersa, keltec, walther ppk, diamondback, Taurus, S&W M&Ps. Too many bad experiences I hear and see from people on those.

I've liked S&W quality on their revolvers
I've liked Sig quality on the p238s
I've liked Springfield XDM .40 better than comparable Glock and H&K .40's.

Taurus tracker .44, cylinder would jam up. .44mag is too heavy for the light gun.

Walther P22, Front sight flew off, from normal shooting.

Desert Eagle .50AE. Couldn't afford ammo, it just wasn't as cool as I imagined it would be. Wasn't worth it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top