JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
sig mosquito those looked sooo cool when they came out I got one and it was all kinds of finicky and just a dissapointment to shoot

When I first started reading this thread I thought, "I haven't really had a gun that disappointed" then I read your thread, and thought "OH, yeah, THAT P.O.S.!" It might be that I got an early model that didn't work that well, or maybe I just felt more disappointed because I bought one when they first came out, so I paid a premium price.

When I first started reading this thread I thought, "I haven't really had a gun that disappointed" then I read your thread, and thought "OH, yeah, THAT P.O.S.!" It might be that I got an early model that didn't work that well, or maybe I just felt more disappointed because I bought one when they first came out, so I paid a premium price.

I paid $325 for mine. Added a couple of items since then.

Mechanical-wise, all I've done is polish the feed ramp and chamber a bit.

Ditto on the ppk/s. in 380. It always jammed. the stainless rusted easy. I always got bitten by the slide & hammer. Maybe I got a lemon, Maybe it was me, but I wont own another.

I sent my Interarms PPK/S to Cylinder & Slide and had it tuned. There's no way it ever made my disappointing list, and it is only better now. They do seem to be highly variable from copy to copy, though.

Kel-Tec P3AT

Non-existent sights. By the time that long DA trigger pops off, it wears skin off my trigger finger from how much it moves in your hand because the gun is so dang small. After 20 rounds without gloves, there was no skin left on my finger, no joke. Took weeks for the skin to grow back. I only keep this gun because it's so small, I'm more likely to throw it in a pocket in the summer.

Okay, going back a bit, it was a Ruger P85. Heavy, clunky, only a fair trigger, I was sure I could throw it more accurately than pulling the trigger. Oh well, they're history.

I think I have to go with the J-22. HA
Nothing beats the unreliability of a Jennings :D

Honestly though, I was rather disappointed by Mossberg 500. Say what you will, I just think its a sloppy design.

I think I have to go with the J-22. HA
Nothing beats the unreliability of a Jennings :D

Honestly though, I was rather disappointed by Mossberg 500. Say what you will, I just think its a sloppy design.

I'm sorry, but how can you be disappointed by a Jennings? You gotta know what you are getting into up front. Even if you have never talked to anybody that has experience with them, the look, feel and price should all be warnings. To some extent the same could be said for the LCP, Kel-Tec's, Taurus's, Phoenix Arms, Jimenez, Accu-tec, etc. If you end up getting one you like you should be surprised and consider yourself lucky.

Ditto on the ppk/s. in 380. It always jammed. the stainless rusted easy. I always got bitten by the slide & hammer. Maybe I got a lemon, Maybe it was me, but I wont own another.

Get a real one - my dad did in 1944. It was my back-up gun in NI until I had it de-acted in 1998 so's I could keep it. My wife's favourite of all our 118 handguns, it never let me down, ever.

IMO a PP or PPK need to be stamped 'Zella-Mehlis/Thur' to be worth taking home.

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lightouse Restoration Fund

I've really liked this trigger for my 10/22 :s0155:

<broken link removed>
51FFizoi1-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nutz, I do believe that's more then I spent on my 10/22 itself. It really isn't so bad anymore, it's just the stigma from the original disappointment.

The Beretta Tomcat in .32 ACP. The wife wanted one (she liked the tip-up barrel) and actually shot the pistol exceptionally well. It's just that it never worked: failure to feed, failure to eject, failure to fire, a trigger that went kerflewy after 66 rounds, etc. It went back to Beretta, came back, still never worked right -- well, you get the idea. Ugh.

But less $$ than I paid for the RRA 2-Stage triggers for my AR's. :s0155:

To me the 10/22 is a starter piece which you then get to customize to your liking. If I could of, I would have just purchased the receiver, and built mine up from there. Instead I have a pile of used parts. If you need a nice never-fired blued barrel, let me know. :)

Yes, but you're comparing an $800+ rifle to a ~$150 rifle.

modding a 10/22 is like souping up a geo metro.... or putting a very expensive polish on a turd... or making a hi-point into an expensive race gun. You dont see too many huffy bicycles running around with expensive racing wheels/tires.... and there's a good reason for it.

Okay, going back a bit, it was a Ruger P85. Heavy, clunky, only a fair trigger, I was sure I could throw it more accurately than pulling the trigger. Oh well, they're history.

I had one of those! My first 9mm. You could shake it and watch the slide wiggle side-to-side. I put close to 5K rds through mine over a couple of years and then sold it for what I paid for it. ha ha

I had one of those! My first 9mm. You could shake it and watch the slide wiggle side-to-side. I put close to 5K rds through mine over a couple of years and then sold it for what I paid for it. ha ha

I still have my P85, sloppy, blocky, heavy, fat and has horrible sights, but I can really drill'em with that gun.

Still don't have a gun I have been so disatisfied with I had to get rid of it, then again, I buy guns, I don't sell them.

First, the Jennings. Enough said.

But the Tec-22 had possibilities! A brutally simple design to use the Ruger 22 banana magazines in a pistol? How kewl if it actually worked..................

But it never worked, or fired more than twice in a row. It would extract but not fully eject spent shells, and so jam nearly every shot. No amount of extractor filing or ejection port enlarging would help.

I finally realized the simple answer! The durn thing was designed WITHOUT AN EJECTOR PIN! Only luck would make it eject properly, and I was not lucky..........................elsullo :(

In a rifle, I would say a Yugo M48 in 8mm. I thought it would be cool to have a WW2 battle rifle, till I shot it. My shoulder hated me instantly. Traded it off pretty quickly and decided to stick with my poodle shooters.

In a handgun, probably the Glock 27 because the recoil just stung and hurt. Traded down to a Glock 26 for a backup fairly quickly as well.

I guess I'm sensitive to recoil in long guns but in pistols I've had and enjoyed 44 Magnums and the 1911 .45 ACP of course. I guess some guns are just not a match for some people.

Yes, but you're comparing an $800+ rifle to a ~$150 rifle.

modding a 10/22 is like souping up a geo metro.... or putting a very expensive polish on a turd... or making a hi-point into an expensive race gun. You dont see too many huffy bicycles running around with expensive racing wheels/tires.... and there's a good reason for it.

I've had lots of issues with 10/22's over the years, but I don't think the analogy you used is quite fair or accurate. I've seen tuned and "polished" 10/22's that have shot as well as the Anshutz I used to compete with. Granted, they generally need some love and upgrades, but work them up and they are an awfully fun and good shooting "turd"...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top