JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which should I sell?

• Total voters
Reactions
I put that Colt .38super 1911 on lay-a-way the other day. I think my other half must have saw the receipt because I got the ol' "you do remember that you agreed not to add anything to you toy collection unless you subtract something" from them before they left to visit family today.

Now I have to decide what to sell since I really do want the new Colt. My choices are as follows.

1. Colt Series 80 1911 .45acp
2. Dan Wesson Razorback 1911 10mm
3. FN Fiveseven w/1000rounds

I have other Colt 1911's so the series 80 would not be missed too much but it is hard to part with a Colt. Of course it would be easy to replace later. The Dan Wesson is a great gun but I do not see a practical use for it since I prefer my Colt Delta Elite. It is also discontinued and might be hard to replace. The FN is nothing special. It is a novelty, but it is pretty cool and is pretty hard to get ahold of these days.

Opinions?

As for an actual answer to your question, I think I'd probably sell of the Dan Wesson. Its always hard to kick a pony out of the stable. I have the same problem, but for financial reasons. I, too, have to subtract to add...

FN jokes aside, I don't think anyone here can answer that - I've always found guns a very personal thing. Do you like them all equally? If not, which is the one you like the least? That's the looser. I have to make such decisions based on hyper-limited funding as well. I know people have opinions as to what I should or should not dump but that never has any bearing on what I actually do. Again, I find it just too personal. Good luck!

Option 1. Sell the FN while the market is still high then buy a new one at 30% less 6 months from now.

Option 2. Let the market decide, put them all up for sale and retract the two that you have left after the first sale.

Option 3. Domestic violence! :s0131: :p

I'd personally keep the five seven. They may be a bit overpriced right now, but they are a rare and special gun, and they probably wont make them forever since they havent really caught on and have a bad rep with the lawmakers...

I think you are missing another option here, who says you have to sell one of your guns. Sell multiple non-gun items if you got them to make up the cost. Craigslist is a wonderful free thing.

Darned better halves. Mine believes that it's actually possible to have enough guns and ammo, and that buying 4 or 5 guns in one month is "excessive."

Whooda thunk it? :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads