Reactions
Doesn't require precise aim? In a CQB scenario? That doesn't sound right. How much spread does a typical 870 have at 5 yards?
You're (both eyes open) pointing, no time for precise aiming in the scenario outlined above.
You are tossing a softball to watermelon size (or larger) pattern depending on barrel choke and distance.

Pointing vs. aiming.....there's a difference.
For example :
Skeet Center Station....that will teach you how to point a shotgun.

Reactions
You're (both eyes open) pointing, no time for precise aiming in the scenario outlined above.
You are tossing a softball to watermelon size (or larger) pattern depending on barrel choke and distance.

Pointing vs. aiming.....there's a difference.
For example :
Skeet Center Station....that will teach you how to point a shotgun.
I still disagree.

Reactions
Try Skeet sometime and you'll see what I mean.
No time for precise aiming.
I've shot plenty of trap. Leading a moving target that's 20 yards away (if you're really fast) is nothing like hitting a precise shot 5 yards away. On the former, using the sights will ruin your shot. Also, you're putting a 24" or greater pattern on a clay that's under 4.5" across and it doesn't matter where your misses go. On the latter, you're trying to hit a 6" circle with a 3" to 6" spread and any single pellet that misses could injure or kill an innocent person.

Last Edited:
Reactions
For this purpose I'll take my KSG loaded with 25 minishells (12+12+1). Nice and short, high capacity, and quick.

Shown here compared to an AR for reference
1654470173720.png

Reactions
Why am I clearing this building? Regardless, I'd say "Lick my bag" and use the AR I put together for the purpose of (among other things) clearing buildings. My 870 collects dust now that I'm rockin' a 1301.
I was thinking about what they might have used before semi-autos were popularly available. Clearing buildings with or without hostages must have been a thing before semi-autos were available. Lever guns, revolvers, shotguns, etc would have been the most commonly available options to choose from.

Reactions
I was thinking about what they might have used before semi-autos were popularly available. Clearing buildings with or without hostages must have been a thing before semi-autos were available. Lever guns, revolvers, shotguns, etc would have been the most commonly available options to choose from.
I’m confident this was already figured out by people who’ve “been there and done that.” And that is why the slam fire trench gun was invented. I’d want that.

Reactions
I’m confident this was already figured out by people who’ve “been there and done that.” And that is why the slam fire trench gun was invented. I’d want that.
Just checked out some win 97 videos, that is an awesome style shotgun. Hostages might want that thing loaded with slugs though.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors November Gun Show
Portland, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Redmond, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Chehalis, WA

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top