JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you had to choose from a bolt, lever, pump, revolver, break open firearm as an offensive weapon to clear out building full of bad guys, what type and cartridge would you choose.

I would choose a lever action rifle in 357 or 44mag.

I would choose a lever action rifle in 357 or 44mag.
after a few seconds thought, that's a very good choice IMO too.

something like this maybe:

Inside a building? Definately my 870 pump. To quickly/easily "reload as you go" in part and parcel as you're able being a big sell point.

200952010461-rem7615_fs.jpg

And the .308 7600 series has been around forever too.

images.jpeg-112.jpg

It'd be a toss up between pump 12ga slugs vs Henry repeater in 357 mag. The 357 would definitely be better for recoil and would carry a couple extra rounds. I think you nailed it in the first post.

Having been a PCC fanboy all my life the lever would be for me. I have long said if I live long enough to see them take my semi autos I will be getting some levers. What I like about most is the way you can "top off" at any time while still ready. Pump would be even better to me but they are rare and pricey. If they do take the semi suspect someone may start cranking out some nice pumps in pistol caliber. One that was short, light, and allowed you to keep topping off more rounds? Seems like it would be a great choice. Still have an old Win 1300 Police Model that's long been a safe queen. If needed it could certainly be put back in service and is a DEVASTATING weapon.

I didn't know this beast existed! It's a pricey bugger for what it is.
Normally the problem with stuff like that is the cost to make them. Since they are not building them in mass production the cost is FAR higher. Now if they take the semi's? Then some may start cranking out stuff like this and it will be far cheaper after they get cranking them out.

Having been a PCC fanboy all my life the lever would be for me. I have long said if I live long enough to see them take my semi autos I will be getting some levers. What I like about most is the way you can "top off" at any time while still ready. Pump would be even better to me but they are rare and pricey. If they do take the semi suspect someone may start cranking out some nice pumps in pistol caliber. One that was short, light, and allowed you to keep topping off more rounds? Seems like it would be a great choice. Still have an old Win 1300 Police Model that's long been a safe queen. If needed it could certainly be put back in service and is a DEVASTATING weapon.
IMI Timberwolf, if you can afford one!

Well, if there are only bad guys in the building ?….
….Then I'd choose dynamite :s0155:
Followed up with a 357 revolver (to stay on topic) while searching through the rubble.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top