JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which AR15 RMR mount?

• Total voters
Reactions
upload_2019-1-31_9-30-13.jpeg
upload_2019-1-31_9-30-44.jpeg
upload_2019-1-31_9-31-16.jpeg
upload_2019-1-31_9-32-9.jpeg

I've no experience with either one, however QD is a most, IMHO.
In case your RMR failed you have to use your BUIS.
BTW, the third one screams China and the fourth one looks too heavy.

Last Edited:
I love ADM mounts, but hate the fact that they used a solid block on this one. :(

I think you pretty much have them in the right order already. Scalerworks, then Larue. No experience with CMT, but ADM definitely comes in dead last.

Another mount I've been surprisingly happy with is the UTG mount! It's not QD, but it's sleek, lightweight, and came free with my RMR... :p

I'm not too worried about lack of QD personally because I can still sight through the RMR. You'd have to do something pretty severe to damage the window to the point you can no longer see out of it.

I looked at the UTG. It's a very appealing price. I had a handful of their PRO series products and they all seemed very well built.

I'm not entirely in need of a QD as like CC said I can use my irons through my red dot just fine.

I like the fixed CMT mount, but it is lower 1/3.

I'm leaning towards the Scalerworks or the larue unless something better pops up that I'm unaware of.

I'm not ruling out the American Defense, though it's a solid brick of aluminum. I have a handful of their stuff and they are legit.

Still an excellent choice! I've been looking at those myself.

I asked about Type 1 or Type 2 because there are a few tricks you can use to help fix the Type 1 battery issues.
Ya, after looking through a bunch of the RMRs on various folks guns. Then the Holosun. I like the Holosun better.

Some reason the Trijicon has a coating on their lense that puts off a green hue I wasn't a fan of and I had a hard time with it on every gun I shot it with.

That and the reticle on the Holosun is stupid fast for target acquisition.

I would definitely prefer the Holosun's 2 moa dot for rifle use. Mine is 3.25 moa, which feels a bit too big when shooting at distance. Good size for handguns, though.

As for the tint, it's annoying but you get used to it. The adjustable models like the RM06 and RM07 are the worst, but the auto-adjust models like the RM01 and RM02 only have a slight yellowish tint.

I love this forum!

Another member reached out to me as they have an unused American Defense mount.

So it's American Defense getting the win!

American Defense ultimate won the battle thanks to a member here. Looks pretty good.

That LaRue one looks great. I've had a lot of success with other LaRue mounts. I also have ADM mounts. The QD lever design on the LaRue is a lot easier and quicker than the ADM design.

I use lots of RMRs on pistols, but on all my rifles I definitely prefer closed tube optics. If weight is a big issue, you could save up a little more and get a T1, but an Aimpoint PRO in a LaRue mount will get the job done every day.

How do you like that RMR on the mount, @Reno ?
I ordered the UTG set to test the H507C-GR on my Banshee.
If I like it, the current sight (HE510C-GR) will go on another pistol I built

The UTG is a damn good mount. I've got two now on range guns.

Threads almost 1!

Makes it worthy of an update picture of the final outcome.

90DE4FD8-1FAC-4A45-98A9-C57B802A44AB.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads