JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which machine-gun to rent on the way back?

• M16A1 (That old time rock'n'roll.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AK-74SU (It is a Communist plot!)

• Thompsons 1928 (You already look like a mobster, complete the look already.)

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Beretta 38 (Hit Olive Garden afterward with your amore.)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • M60 (A pig says "oink".)

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • AK-47 (Paired with black pajamas and pith helmet and it won't fly with your boomer family members.)

• Uzi (Oy vey! You are meshuggeneh because you already did that one there.)

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • FN SCAR (Rumor is plastic is fantastic, but I remain skeptical.)

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • (Gasp!) Machine-guns are super naughty and fully semi-automatic with a shoulder thing that goes up!

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
So me and my beloved will be going to the city on Saturday for funky fun and hard partying. One the way back, we'll likely stop at a place that rents machine-guns, as we have in the past. I'm still waiting on our federal friends to approve my Mac-10, so why not get a fix. They have at least a couple dozen full autos available. Going from my memory, here is the poll. :D

2D4C4C89-3626-417D-850A-4AD0BF7702EB.jpeg

Alas, M2 Browning is not an option. I'm generally too hung over for breakfast food, though that will change soon, so back to the delight that is the "full breakfast". And I just lost my train of thought.

What about an MG42? Do they have anything historic?

With limited funds and time to experience them shooting a rarity might be a memory more to cherish.

A Thompson would sure be neat to shoot....so that was my vote.

I can say from personal experience that the M60 is fun to shoot and can be very accurate as well.
I always liked having them on my flanks or set up for a ambush.

The M16A1 and AK47 / AK74 rifles are fun...but kinda boring , but I may not have the best bias here....as I have shot them a lot...:D
Andy

I vote scar only as it's the only one on that list I haven't yet.

My all time favorite was a MAC in 380. Stupid fast cyclic rate.

Another on the bucket list is the 10/22 conversion.

I'm sure what ever you choose will be fun!

Voted for the M60, but my favorite from getting to shoot for helping my dealer friend years ago were the BAR and the MP5.

If they have an Stg 44, rent that! That was a hoot to shoot. I have also "rented" an MP40, AK47, AK74, RPK, and M16A1. None have a disappointed, just make sure they are lubricated to reduce any failures. Think of it this way, if in a few months you can not touch one of those ever again, shoot the one you will not kick yourself in a few years for not shooting.

I don't recall seeing an MP5 there, though that would be neat-o. I vaguely recall a few other WWII era pieces; I'm pretty sure they had a PPSh-41 and PPS-43, for example. They normally have a Thompson, but it was out on repair the last time we stopped by, and went with an Uzi instead.

I think me and the Mrs will shoot the Thompson if it is available as we're both history nerds and gun fans. The M60 could be fun, but it might be a bit unwieldy for my pint-sized sidekick.

Alas, M2 Browning is not an option. I'm generally too hung over for breakfast food, though that will change soon, so back to the delight that is the "full breakfast". And I just lost my train of thought.
Breakfast food is the hangover killer. Throw some tobasco sauce and black coffee in for good measure. Oh and definitely make it a SCAR. Tell me how that thing groups on F/A.

I loved the M60, but even a non-firing replica cost over $2k.... I don't love them THAT much! :rolleyes:

I remember being at a gun show back in the early 90s with my father. We saw a transferable M60, but my father said something like "Sheez, $4,500? Too much." Now I see them floating around $65,000 and you can't get a beater Reising for $4,500. :eek:

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads