Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Build Thread Which loctite for 338 magnum guard screws?

Reactions
Red or Blue? Any ideas or suggestions. My 338 shoots loose every season from a Winchester 70 Winlite; pillar bedded with McMillian-Winchester factory stock. This model is about 17 years old.

Thanks,

Velzey

Reactions
How tight are you getting them?

And use blue!:)

I just had a Win 70 in that had red on the action screws. I took the simple route. Milled the heads off the screws.

Reactions
I've been using Red Loctite on pretty much everything for more than 40+ years. If you need to get something apart, a bit of heat from a Pencil Type Soldering Iron will do the trick. So far, everything had remained tightly in its Proper Place for all those years and I have not been concerned that one of those Screws was going to work loose. Many people choose to use the Blues because it's "Good Enough" but then they sit around wondering/worrying if it really is and they are forever "Tweeking" those screws - just to be sure! And they will miss a shot of something else. Red!:):):)

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've done many transfers with these guys. They know their stuff, they're very approachable and...
    • Art_Vandelay
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've always felt comfortable at J&B, first time I ever went there I walked out with a new Glock...
    • Zapata47
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Maybe I'm biased since I live 5 minutes away, but Peter and his crew have always been friendly...
    • Zapata47
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    It has been a while since I have been in the store just because I don't get to downtown Tigard...
    • bobcat7677
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY

Staff online