Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Which is your favorite OWB pancake holster?

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by Joe Link, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Years ago I had a black leather OWB pancake holster for my full size 1911 which I absolutely loved. Problem is I can't remember where I got it, who made it, or where it went, so I suppose I'm starting from scratch :s0112:

It was thin but sturdy, on the smaller side with only two slots, but held the gun in such a way that hid it almost as well as my IWB setups (Crossbreed Supertuck, Milt Sparks VM2). The best part was that it was about five times more comfortable than either of those, especially when sitting or driving. It had a thumbbreak, which leads me to believe I didn't buy it (not tacticool, and I was young :s0078:), but I think I actually grew to like that a bit as well. I want to say it might have been a DeSantis, but I think those two scabbards are too big (and it wasn't the mini).

There's a hundreds of holster makers out there so the chance of finding my Cinderella again are slim, but if you think you might know I'd like to hear it. If not, I'd like to find the second best one I've owned, so post up your favorite :D

2. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

it might be either the Galco Fletch (thumbreak) or you might consider its non-thumbreak alternative the Galco Concealable...

I have an old Concealable that fits your description in every way...

3. fxdc

fxdc Da Valley USPSA, SPEED STEEL, IDPA, 3 GUN

Joe
    I have this 3" and one for my commander.

Love this OWB, Bianchi model 82. I had a gun get dislodged lodged in a struggle while on the ground.

I never again use an open top holster again. This has a locking device on the trigger guard, I have tried blackhawk, safariland, but like this the best!

20151204_175829.jpg 20151204_175902.jpg

WAYNO likes this.
  4. decklin

decklin WA Well-Known Member

My favorite for my Sig P226 Combat is a KRounds Concealable Pancake Holster. It's kydex and I've been very happy with it over the last few months.
    My favorite for my 1911 is a leather one. I've no idea who made it. For some reason Kramer comes to mind so maybe it's one of theirs.
    Very thick, sturdy, well stitched and tanned leather. I've had it for years and have no plans to replace it.

5. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

to answer the OPs query my new favorite OWB is custom made from Coffman Concealment a local Portland holster maker. This one was built to my specs, it doesn’t have a model name... I think everything he does is custom

Selection_001.jpg

One of my requirements was it lay close to the body, I think he nailed it... :)
    Selection_002.jpg

ron likes this.
  6. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

7. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

For leather - Galco Fletch.

8. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

cbob.png High Noon, believe it's called a belt slider.

SVT-ROY likes this.
  9. ikemay

ikemay WA Well-Known Member

10. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

decklin likes this.
  11. ThePhonMan

ThePhonMan Spokanistan Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Joe,

I've rotated through at least a half dozen OWB holsters for my HK over the 18+ years I've carried this gun. I keep coming back to this one.

Fobus paddle holster (I had the belt loop version as well but it was stolen). Holds the gun high enough and snug to my side so I don't have to worry about printing or muzzle snoop. It also doesn't beat the pizz out of my right kidney while driving like all the others I've tried and abandoned. Paddle hold steady as a rock but it makes it easier to remove when needed.

Most comfortable OWB holster I've owned. YMMV. 20151230_131951.jpg

20151230_131951.jpg

12. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Triple K #248 Midtown Holster
    1865.jpg

1865.jpg

orygun likes this.
  13. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Triple K #570 Woodsman
    296.jpg

296.jpg

14. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I have Galco leather for the XD, Gould & Goodrich leather (G&G) for the GP100 and my favorite is the Occidential Leather IWB/OWB leather which I use for the XD (my Taurus PT111 fits too!!)..... Yeah it's damn nice.

15. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

IMHO Roy's Leather Goods in Magnolia, AR made the most comfortable holsters I've ever worn.

16. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

+1 on this, I wear one of those with a Smith J-frame almost every day; it fits close and has lasted about forever.

17. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Bianchi Shadow, 3 belt slots and thumb break, has worked well for me in the past...

Now I prefer a Milt Sparks Nexus IWB. Hides so well...

image.jpg

image.jpg

18. Cameron72

Cameron72 Harrington, WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Another vote for the Fobus!

19. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

2016-01-09%2005.45.21.jpg Both are good but the DeSantis is 1/4 the price...can't do thumb break. I don't jump fences anyway,if needed just bulldoze them. Been trying to add second picture for the last few min, this new site doesn't mesh well with my phone. "Unfortunately Internet has stopped" 90% of the time when I try to post.

2016-01-09%2005.44.45.jpg

2016-01-09%2005.44.45.jpg

2016-01-09%2005.45.21.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  20. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Lots for me to look at here!

I'm thinking of getting one for my Kahr PM9 as well. Anyone carry a pocket pistol OWB?