JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanted to check with some of you actual users before committing to the purchase:

Probably ordering an Armalite AR10 tomorrow; I'm thinking that the compromise between utility/accuracy/cost and collectability points to the AR-10 A4C.

Any known issues with these?

Thanks in advance-

AR-10 A4C is what I have, great gun, accuracy and velocity loss over the 20", but a bit more maneuverable. Not exactly a collectible, but still highly desired. No issues that I've ever had, slightly better build quality then dpms .308s.

Currently its my favorite rifle, so I'd definitely suggest getting one!

Do you happen to know a place that has them in stock to order? or are you just backordering one?

None in stock around here, (Tacoma area) it's an order-and-wait deal now. This last weekend was like the week before Christmas in our local stores.

I'm thinking of keeping it unfired for awhile and see what happens, then if the laws don't get ridiculous by next year bust it out and break 'er in.

I'm still bugged about having a 100% stock Belgium-made FAL Para (the one with the folding retractor bolt) and then selling that one, and then it turned into this stupid "percentage of American Parts" crap so you can't find the pure versions anymore.

In my estimate we have about 6 months of really important problems to keep them busy in DC then after that things might get unreasonable. If they do get reverted back to the 90's, my guess is these A4C's will become somewhat more 'collectible' than they were now. :(

The only 2 AR-15's that had not sold at Bullseye were the two "California" models with the non-detachable magazines. Not even the stampeders wanted those. :s0114:

Well I don't see the A4C's becoming any more "collectible" than any other .308 MBR. But I do agree they will go up in value if there is a AWB, more so than AR-15's, just because they are far less common, but you should have equal results with any PTR-91's or DSA FALs, or any other of the "military" configured AR10's (non bull barrel).

I don't know how long you will be waiting, it seems that they are always back ordered. It also depends on which color you are getting, I seem to see green being available far more than black furniture.

Good luck with your purchase which ever you decide to get, and let us know how it works out.

Will do; I may drift over to a closer store and yak with them later today. The Marksman guy wasn't able to give me a firm quote because it was the weekend.

One of the talking-without-knowing-any-facts guys there guessed 4 to 6 months but that was based on conjecture.

A side story:
Then something odd happened. The original salesperson took my name and number and first advised that "someone would call me Monday". Then that changed to "Monday or Tuesday".

I'm thinking, that's odd, if I had a customer with $1,500 standing there willing to wait 4-6 months for my services and to pay me now for something I didn't even have, I'd sure not put that call off. But so far no call.

Last Edited:
Yeah, a lot of shops just throw out dates for how long it will be, but they really have no idea of if it is just out of stock, or back ordered by 1000 units. If you're really lucky, you may be able to find one still available in a shop somewhere. But from my experience most shops seem to stock DPMS if they stock any .308s.

Day One: It's not good.

Never did hear from the guys down by the Tacoma Dome, today. The other closer shop owner, when asked if he would place an order with Armalite replied, "Definately not."

They said (and so take this with a grain of salt [and some Tequila if you have some]) that the manufacturers were not even answering their phones.

The third thing was, what might happen if your order was six months down the road and not delivered yet, and some wild-hair legislation comes up in May, say, and all production stops? Now what?

So it was an educational experience, I believe these guys at Welchers' know what they are talking about in re: the gun business, and one thing we all agreed on is, these are interesting times.

I think if there's a moral to this story, if you see something sitting right there that'd be a good addition and a good price do not wait and think about it for a week. :p

The Colt LE 6920 carbine has gone up about $400 around here since last summer.

This last week was ridiculous. I am just hoping the run on ammunition will let up a little so the market can stabilize. Midway USA is about out of everything in .45 and .223/5.56.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top