• .45 gap

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • .38 super

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 5.7x28

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • 10mm

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • none of the above or other (if other, say which)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
I'm curious which cartridge (if any) is the next to fall by the wayside? Before anybody gets their panties in a bunch because their favorite caliber is on the list, I'm aware of the ballistics of all these cartridges and know what specific advantages they have. I'm not saying any of them are a bad, in fact they're all pretty impressive, but I've been seeing shops be out of these particular rounds for long stretchs and in some cases not even stocking them.

Last edited:
Reactions
.38 super has been around for a very long time, 10mm has lasted over 20 years. 5.7 is one that is hard to guess, it just depends on if there ever are any more guns designed in this caliber, and if there are more military police contracts. Also depends on how many kids are playing goldeneye :D

I see the GAP and sig going the way of the dinosaurs and short/supershort magnum craze.

Reactions
Funny thing is that when I bought my first Glock, they had just come out with .40 S&W and I thought for sure that was going to die, so I went with the 9mm instead. Now, all these years later...

I have no idea what's next on the caliber death list. I'd also guess 5.7 or 45 GAP or 357 Sig, but only because I'm not interested in those rounds and don't really follow them.

Reactions
Funny thing is that when I bought my first Glock, they had just come out with .40 S&W and I thought for sure that was going to die, so I went with the 9mm instead. Now, all these years later...
Well at least .40 filled the big gap between 9mm and .45, although this was already partially filled by .38 super.

But it seems that .357 sig and .45 gap are answering questions that no one ever asked.

Reactions
357 sig is too good to die, more accurate than the others, all but the five-seven. Velocity, accuracy, and knock-down. The 45 GAP makes less sense to me, same performance, smaller case. Does it really make that much difference, especially when 99% of 45's are ACP?

SIG ROCKS.

284guy

Reactions
Back when i used to sell at gun shows, before the ffl requirements, I used to buy and sell every 38 super I could get ahold of. There would always be a couple guys buy them all, then take them out to the parking lot and sell them to the hispanics fresh over the border. When I asked one of these buyers about it he told me that in Mexico they cant have military calibers like 9mm and .45 so 38 supra was "THE" hot caliber to them. Once I found out that where they we all going I quit handling them. I see the 357 sig and the 45 gap going by the wayside. the 17 mach2 was a joke from the beginning, not suprised to see that going bye bye.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA
Miller's Quarry Clean-Up
Miller's Quarry
Miller Rd, Mt Hood Village, OR 97067, USA
Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom)
Seattle, WA, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Triple B Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Triple B Guns
    This isn't really a review as we own the store but rather an invitation to come down and visit us. We specialize in hard to find unique guns but...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
Top Bottom