JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sopke with my CLEO and he said he would sign off. But what are the pros and cons to all the methods? My wife says she has no intrest in touching them without me present. So what are my options?

I think he is meaning, either having a Leo sign off or using a trust. I am doing this research myself and so far I am leaning toward trust. However I an sure there are many out there that have done it everyway and can give a better response. I have found alot of info using google. Still sorting it out though.

I created a trust after making my first few silencers. I do not have to pay for the fingerprints anymore, or wait for the sheriff to sign (he always does). I can have several trustees in the trust including my brother who lives in another state. The only con I see for a trust is that if yoiu make it wrong, the ATF may decide later on that your trust is invalid. You will probably need to retain a lawyer to fix it in the unlikely event that this happens. I have only heard of a few trust issues with the ATF after they approved transfer or making of a title 2 firearm, and no firearms were ever lost as a result.

Ranb

I just got done with all the research that you are doing right now. my advice is, don't use quicken or willmaker. I would recommend

Jake Whitmire
(541) 821-3685

My trust was done in a couple days, and Jake addressed all my concerns in a very timely manner. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! spend the money now to know that everything will be good in the future.

The gun shop that I will use sent me a form by an unknown lawyer. They have use it 1,000s of times and it is pretty straight forward. Has anyone done a LLC?

My friend (in Ore) did a CLEO on his first can and a trust on his next 2. Is it true to move the first can to his trust it would cost another $200 tax stamp?

A trust makes the most sense. Eventually your wife's attitude may change or you will have kids and want them to be able to use your NFA items once they become adults.

I used Quicken Willmaker and also made some changes based on things that I found on line to customize my own Trust. I've seen some attorney's are doing NFA trusts for $300 and for that it may be worth the money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top