JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was curious what every one thought about the two? I personally have a Crossbreed quick clip for my G27 and s Comp-Tac MTAC Minotaur holster for my Sig p239... I like the Comp tac because I can use the same holster for different guns just by switching out the bodies, I also think its alot easier to put on and take off.. but It doesnt seem to be as Comfy as the Supertuck's that iv tried.. the comp-tac seems to dig into my leg just a little bit.. perhaps it will take a little paying around with it to figure it all out..

What are your opinions on either one?

No I just dont have all the tools I need to to it, so if I need to make a slight adjustment i have to drive out to my dads house to use his tools, and i think a heat gun would be usefull and i dotn have one.. and I got an awesom deal on a Comptac so I just bought it.

I've carried my XD45C daily for a couple years in a Comp-Tac MTAC and have no complaints whatsoever. They do take a little while to break in and really mold to the shape of your body. A good Kydex reinforced belt is a MUST with any holster of this type. Mine is a tapered Comp-Tac. I carry at about 3:30-4:00. I replaced the original belt clips a few months ago with the narrower ones that they switched to and like them better. I wear mine with lots of forward cant to tuck the butt of the grip forward to reduce printing. After getting it setup with the just the right amount of cant I cut the excess off the belt clip strips. If you don't do this the excess of the rear one tends to poke out while sitting and will wear a hole in your jeans in short order. This is true with all IWBs with long belt clips. I have not worn a Supertuck but a former co-worker bought one and it looked pretty cheesy to me compared to the MTAC or even the Spartan. He also carries an XD and I let him try my MTAC for a couple hours at work. He ordered one the following payday and sold the Crossbreed here on NWFA.

I think the MTAC is a much higher quality holster and it's workmanship definitely looks a lot better. As to function, I think the Supertuck and Spartan are probably very close to the same with the MTAC being more durable and comfortable once it's broken in. It has another layer of leather on the 'wings' so it is definitely stiffer when new. I can't even feel mine anymore, it has become 'part of me'. :s0155:

The Comp Tac is more modular but the SuperTuck is more comfortable. You can't go wrong with either as they are both exceptional IWB holsters. I would have to vote for the SuperTuck though as I absolutely love mine and carry a P229 which is both heavy and thick.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top