JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an old "Commie" pistol, a 1953 Tokarev. I bought it cheap not too long ago and the previous owner had painted it black with crappy paint that is peeling and coming off. It's also sticky to the touch as you handle it. It seems like there is absolutely no bluing left on the steel. The pistol shoots great, surprisingly awesome trigger and accurate with all kinds of ammo. To cut to the chase, I want to get it refinished right and professionally. What is a better option for me, ceracote, gun coating or powder coating? If there are other better options, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for looking and any input you share here
Max

If it's a beater anyways, why not just do a light glass bead blast and have it sent out for blueing or parking. Not to expensive and probably the most rugged option I'd think. I did that on an old Marlin 30-30 that shoots like a house a fire and it's still going strong 35-40 years later. Just my 2 cents worth,,,

If it's a beater anyways, why not just do a light glass bead blast and have it sent out for blueing or parking. Not to expensive and probably the most rugged option I'd think. I did that on an old Marlin 30-30 that shoots like a house a fire and it's still going strong 35-40 years later. Just my 2 cents worth,,,

Do not use glass bead. All this will do is dimple the metal and not prep it for a new finish. I would recommend aluminum oxide #120

Yeah.... I would strip it and cold blue it myself. I have done several handguns that way and if you take your time it's not only fun they turn out great.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top