JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is one i had listed for a while may repost it for sale later or end up keeping it cause i originally build it for myself but after building a couple 5.45x39 and a 7.62x25 upper its just taking space

these are just my personal favorites

as far as folding front sights there are many out there but i like the over priced PRI folding front sight cause its rock solid and the main reason is its very much like the HK 90s series front sights meaning center the rear circle in with the front circle ( on my other that is set up just like this i use a arms 40L BUIS for the rear and use a arms A.R.M.S. #19 DOVETAIL/STANAG THROW LEVER SCOPE MOUNT with 3x9 scope when i want to use opens i simply flip the levers and remove the scope and fold the sights up)

the rail system is a YHM LW free float rail system these cost lest than most on the market but are just as good if not better than some of the high end ones costing twice as much

btw the barrel and receiver on this are both colt

Looks like a real nice setup.. Is the upper a COlt 6920, 6940 or perhaps another model? If it is 6920, what did you do and to remvoe the front iron sight and replace the gas block? How costly was it? I rather put my own custom flip up iron sights on my gun than have to use the fixed irons that come with the 6920 carbine model.

Sorry to kinda get off the subject here, but is there anyway that I can get a short barrel on my AR in the state of Washington? I am thinking I cannot.. The laws here kinda suck.. Sometimes I really regret crossing the border.. Oh Well, no income tax is nice.. But, now I have dreams of owning a 10" barrel rifle or shotgun and wake up realizing it is not possible. :(:(

Joey, do you put BUIS sites on both your front and rear, or just rear? I was thinking I would like to avoid a rifle that has the built in front iron sight with the gas block, but I suppose I could live with it.. Anyone have any advice on what the best type of quad rail woudl be? Would a Daniel Defense Omega be the way to go if I get a Colt? I know Wichaka says he doesn't have use for them, and I probably would not either. I suppose I would get for the coolness factor.. Remember, I also part gun collector.. Of course, functionality, quality and being economical is of utmost importance to me, as well.

I believe you can own SBR's in WA, with the tax stamp, of course. I had to have a fellow member here permanently attach a 1.5" phantom flash hider on mine to comply with the law.

My BUIS is only on the rear, I do have the front sight post. Before speaking with wichaka I was going to go with a fancy rail system and lots of cool doo-dads. After I spoke with him it made much more sense to focus on what I actually needed, versus what I thought *looked* cool. I purchased a clamp-on tri-rail that mounts under/around the front sight post which will allow me to mount a light, the only accessory I'd actually mount on my AR fore-rail anyway. To tell the truth, I think wichaka's gun is pretty ugly compared to some of the supposedly high speed low drag stuff you see on the net. However, the beauty is in it's raw utility; it's made up of only what is needed for it's particular purpose. Honestly, mine will probably look exactly like his when it's 'done'.

Looks like a real nice setup.. Is the upper a COlt 6920, 6940 or perhaps another model? If it is 6920, what did you do and to remvoe the front iron sight and replace the gas block? How costly was it? I rather put my own custom flip up iron sights on my gun than have to use the fixed irons that come with the 6920 carbine model.

Its a 6920 receiver and barrel. but i bought them as parts the barrel was never drilled for a front sight base but i have removed several front sight bases sometimes the bases are easy to remove especially if they are new barrels some times really hard if they are old i have a jig to hold them and use a hammer and punch to remove them . the jig is not necessary but makes it a lot easier to do. the barrel is also 14.5" with permently attached phantom for legal 16" lenth.

I was talking to the guy at Talon Arms who seems to be very knowledgable about ARs. He claimed that the S&W M&P15 is the most accurate AR that he has shot out of the box in comparison with many other major brands, such as Colt, LMT and even LWRC. Does anyone have any opinions about this? I know the barrel has the 1:9 twist and a few said to avoid this type of barrel. He says, even though the barrels have 1:9 twist, that a company now owned by S&W called Thompson , who makes competition style barrels, makes the barrels for the S&W M&P gun, which he claims are better than any other out there.

Ugh.. gun shopping is a nightmare.. Too many choices, factors and I always feel like I will make a big mistake. He also was advocating the Daniel Defense M4. I guess I can see that have a fixed iron sight is an advantage, that perhaps having your irons flip down in a combat style situation would not be a good option if you are in a catastrophic situation, where your optics fail and you need quick change. The DD rail, ugly as some say it is, does look to be pretty robust and of good quality.

I was also told that I should avoid a bun with M-16 bolt carrier, as if the gun accidently hits full auto and you are caught you can spend time in prison with the M-16 bolt carrier versus the AR-15 bolt carrier. SO, this has made me a bit worried in respect to owning a Colt 6920 , Noveske or LWRC which use the M-16 bolt carrier. I suppose its a small point, since a gun hitting full auto should be rare if properly maintained. Someone read me some ATF documentation stating that if your gun switches to full auto and you have an M-16 bolt you will be held accountable, whereas if you have an AR15 bolt carrier it would be considered a malfunction.

The M-16 or full auto bolt carrier will not land you in jail any way shape or form. If they did, Colt, their distributors and others would not be selling them to the general public. Whoever told you that, is very much misinformed.

Unless there's a full auto sear in the lower, the M-16 carrier is useless, it acts like a semi-auto AR carrier. If your semi auto AR goes full auto, its not the carrier's fault, its the engagement surfaces (4) in the firing group that's the problem.
Like I said the carrier has no effect on the gun going full auto...me thinks its another internet hysteria story.

If you have a red-dot type optic on your gun, and it happens to go down during a CQB fire fight. You just keep looking thru the optic, center your target and keep firing. It won't provide tack driving accuracy, but you'd be amazed how far out you can be and still put effective rounds on target.

The person who claims that S&W's barrel's are better than anyone else's, is trying to sell you a S&W. They are no better or worse than most any out there. However their rifling is cut very well, and could be said it's a bit better than some out there...but I doubt most anyone would notice.

Bottom line, should you get either a Colt, LMT, S&W, or Noveske...I would not feel that I was lacking with either of those choices. All will do you well in performance.

Yes, it is difficult to know what is true or not based on what various dealers tell me.. I always have to be careful that they are not boosting one gun because they get a better price on it. I am aware Colt, LMT, Noveske and even S&W make good quality AR rifles. What is your feeling on Daniel Defense? I am told it is also very high quality and uses perhaps best quality furniture, rail system, sights, etc on the exterior. It is a bit funky looking with that giant rail, but I am told by some that it makes it more functional.

I am told the LMT is built to tighter tolerances than the COlt.. I see LMT's are on average more expensive than Colts. I don't think that reflects MSRP, but rather availability, however. The LMT MRP CQB does look overall to be better constructed than the Colt 6940. I like that you can quickly interchange barrel with different calibers and even exchange a gas piston system, if that ever is available to the public again.

.....but I am told by some that it makes it more functional.

That's relative to the owner/user.

You are over analyzing things a bit...like I said you need to be honest with what your rifle will be used for.

Don't worry about the end of the world thing, any of the models you've mentioned will work during that time.

I just purchased a brand new LMT MRP CQB 16 for $1670 shipped and transferred. I was hoping not to spend so much money, but I have heard so much good about this gun and it has all the added accessories on it I will probably ever need, like SOPCOM stock, detachable LMT iron sights and monolithic quad rail. I have seen these SOPCOM stocks sell for $200 alone.

Most people were selling this gun for a lot more money and they are pretty hard to find. I could have paid less for Colt 6920,6940 or S&W M&P15T. Oh well, this is the route I went. I pray to God that I will make the most of this purchase. I suppose its a done deal now.

The only parts I will get is a light and maybe a foregrip.

I know I am reviving a year old thread but its so good it needs some life pumped back into it. So with another year passed and 20-30K more rounds down range :D what does everybody think of the battle of the luxury/premium AR's? I have been wanting a piston gun ever since they started getting reliable and now think I want a LMT CQB MRP Defender Model Piston 16.

I will tell you as an owner of half of your list at some time that the best bang for the buck is Daniel Defense. The quality alone surpasses Colt, Noveske, LMT, etc..

If you want a really high quality, look at the LWRC. To me there is LWRC and then everyone else in the under $2100 range.

I've seen, shot, and broken down many of these and have to say by the quality of the pieces that the LWRC, Hk, and Daniel Defense are 9.5-10/10. Colt, Noveske, LMT, RRA, BCM are in the 7-9/10 range. Everything else is below that IMO.

But in reality LWRC, Hk, Daniel Defense, Colt, Noveske, LMT, and BCM are all a flip of a coin for me. You cannot go wrong with any of them.:s0155:
I say throw their names in a hat and hold it over your head and choose.

I had a Colt 6920, Colt 6940, Colt Sporter HBAR & LMT CQB MRP piston gun and sold them all and move on to the M14 platform. I bought a couple of Springfield Armory M1As (Std walnut & SOCOM II) & a couple of CMP service grade Garands. I had finally had enough of the AR15 craze and moved on to bigger toys. Next on my list is a M1A Super Match w/ USMC camo McMillan stock or a Fulton Armory Peerless Match M14!

View attachment 204927

I did keep my dedicated Spikes AR22 on a DPMS lower; it was just too much fun to shift off.

View attachment 204928

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads