JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If he gets past my dogs I prefer the best of both worlds.A revolver made by taurus called the judge.5 shot 6 inch barrel.Shoots 45 long colt and 410 shotgun.I load 2 410's up front a 45,another 410,another 45 for the coup de gras.If their is still a problem i use my 38 super with 10 rnds of 125 gr.hp.I sleep well.

The greatest weapon is one you don't have to fire.

The sound of a shotgun having one loaded into the chamber should stop everyone concerned with self preservation.

All weapons providing they are available, loaded, and good to go. Handguns in close up or to reach a long gun. Long guns to fit what ever need. An alarm system, bad dog and motion detection lights etc. Lastly a copy of your 911 phone number nearby, so you can make contact after the incident comes to conclusion.:D No wrong answer as to what can be used, but being unprepared can cost you!:s0155:

I kind of split the difference when it comes to my home defense firearm. I like the maneuverability of a pistol, but wanted the power of a shotgun. I find full stock shotguns a bit cumbersome in tight quarters so I picked up a Remington Home Defender dual pistol grip shotgun. I think when you go down to a pistol grip shotgun it is important to get the dual pistol grips for control.

Shottie.jpg

A bamboo club by the front door, a cueball in a sock by the back and a 10/22 folder. Not exactly a man-stopper, but the hicap mag at least gives me some decent followup. Now if I can just remember to grab the clips with the match ammo.

As you can tell, I am on a budget. Hope to get a nice shotgun or black rifle soon. Frankly, if an instruder gets by my 85 pound Pitbull-Shepherd, I may just shake his hand, sit him down and ask his secret! :D

One vital item everybody has overlooked- a cell phone. Everybody has suggested their ideal h.d. weapon with their relative merits but if there is a bonified bg in your house, the first thing that should be done after securing your family, is calling 911. In a h.d. situation, a weapons is a defensive tool, not an offensive one. While l.e. is enroute to your home your weapon should only be used in a life threatening situation- depends on the situation. Sneaking around in your underwear executing your best cqb moves will be frowned upon by the courts if you have to use your firearm in a lethal situation. Secure you and your family and await the boys and girls in blue.
Just my .02.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that a firearm wasn't needed. I have my kimber 45 sitting next to the phone on the headboard. Just that 911 should be called as soon as you believe that a bg is loose in your house. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top