JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What handgun for SHTF combat

• Fullsize HK USP

Votes: 32 23.7%
  • Springfield 1911

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • Glock 19

Votes: 62 45.9%

• Total voters
The one you are most proficient with, :)

Im a 1911 fan, love that big heavy 230g going 800+, and a big fan of hi-cap, more ammo is a good thing.

If your gearing up a BOB, for weight, multi purpose broad range application, it is hard to beat a 22RF game getter, lots of pluses.

Personal defense in SHFT would be a long gun, ya know the I got my hand gun so I can fight my way to my long guns thing. :D

Speedsteel

I have both a G19 and DW CBOB to choose from. I'd pick the G19 simply because of capacity & reliability (Not to say the 1911 isn't reliable. It's just that I've had a pretty flawless track record with my G19 so I'd feel more confident with that. YMMV). I'd like to think I'm an ace-shot under pressure, but in reality I'm not, so I'd prefer to have the extra rounds at my disposal.

Haven't shot the H&K, but it seems like a lot of weight to lug around (I'm assuming it's more weight than a fully-loaded G19, but could be wrong).

despite the poll I'm leaning towards the USP. high capacity .45 ftmfw. I'm darn good with it too. Which I can't say about the 1911. So right now the debate is in between the Glock and the USP

Glock, but only if you are good with it (I personally have ergonomic problems with them).

And if you are looking for SHTF reasons, get a 30rd mag and make sure it feeds. If your are trying to fend off a group, you want to reload as least as possible.

Another vote for the P2000:s0155: All my handguns are .40 and love my 2000. Not a fan of the 9mm and I love the 1911s they just dont love me as I am a lefty:D

Im now DONE with H&K, You should spend $5 on each company, call each company up, order a small cheap part and see who will be there for you when it breaks...

I know this is for SHTF so ordering parts are not a huge concern but still....

I voted Glock

I used to work with an older fella that was fond of revolvers. When someone made a comment about only having six shots he would say "If you need more than six shots, your not in a gun fight, you are in a war and you better have something bigger than a pistol." It goes along with the other saying of using your pistol to get to your rifle. I would go with the 1911. Pack as much punch as you can and keep a rifle handy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top