JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just about any gutter and then fill the gutter with that black foam rubber 4' sections you buy at Costco. Not the best solution, but the best for the money.

I think it depends on what is around your house.

I Texas I had oak trees everywhere and could scoop buckets of leaves out of gutters and down spouts.
I thried one of the Leaf Guard systems - Yes it reduced what went in the gutters - but did not eliminate it. But did eliminate me from cleaning every couple months. Yes leaves still get down inside - just more of a hassle to get them out.

In Oregon - I did not have any trees close, but had a wood shingles and neighbor had some pine trees. Tried it for general purpose on one section. I would say it did reduce some - but not enough that I still did not have to clean them periodically.
Also tried those grills you lay down on the gutters. Again - if big item it helps - but not small items.

So find out what your issues are and what they guarantee - make sure you read it closely.
If they go belly up - who honors the guarantee.

Add to the confusion that at Home Depot they have at least 6 different kinds of toppers that a homeowner can do for themselves.

It is really difficult to google reviews on each of those kinds of toppers because the first 10-20 pages of search items are just companies across the country trying to hock their own gutter system.

Some guy back East invented a gutter system that eliminated the trough style and replaced it with a louvered fin style system.
Imagine a set of metal louvers set at a downward angle, similar to a venetian blind.
The way it works is the rain runs off of your roof, contacts the louvered fins and turns into a controlled spray which falls to the ground just like raindrops.
Eliminates any splashing up against your house, and there is no place for the leaves or needles to get trapped.
You can't buy this system in the Pacific NW for some reason. But it sure worked for a friend of mine in Vermont.

This area requires capture of the rain water so it will be directed into the storm water system. I wouldn't want the roof water spraying out onto my front porch, so I'm glad we have gutters.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top