JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm having a hard time choosing between a new m&p 2.0 or a cz 75. What is the new M&P9 2.0 like? If you got one what are your feeling on it. And as for the cz 75 I just love the feel in my hand.
I am looking for a full-size hand gun obviously striker and hammer guns don't matter but if you got other options to suggest I'm open to hearing about them. Just wanting a combat style handgun.

I have a few 2.0s and they are great guns. I think the improvements over the original are worthwhile. I especially like the bobbed off beavertail, slimmer slide, more tactile trigger reset, and stiffer dust cover. The gun is a bit bigger than my Glock 23 but smaller than my Glock 22. 17+1 rounds of 9mm in a fairly easy to carry gun is pretty sweet. It points very naturally for me.

I never got into CZ 75s. I had a 75b in 40 and it was ok. I didn't end up keeping it. I prefer guns with lots of aftermarket accessories. For me, that was Glock for a long time. Still is, but my 2.0s are getting lots of carry time.

20170121_194526.jpg

The problem with this kind of thing is everyone has something different they like. What you like may not be the same and after you buy it, that't an expensive way to try it out. Before the stupid new law it was easy to sell one if you did not like it. Now you would take a hit in the wallet to do this. Far better to find a range with rentals. Handle what you want, find one you like, see if you can rent one to make sure. LOT's of great choices out there these days. Be a bummer to end up with something you later decide you don't like.

The awesomeness of M&P's, in my opinion, is the level of quality you get for $500. It's crazy good value. And the thing about the 2.0's is that the trigger is MUCH better than the stock 1.0 triggers. Adding an Apex trigger is now an option instead of being mandatory.

Comparing these two, however, is really apples and oranges. Do you want a polymer striker fired gun or some SA/DA steely goodness? The good news is that there are no bad choices here. And let's be honest...this isn't a, "which one to get," question. It's a, "which one to get FIRST," question. ;)

And that is the truth I will probably get both just not at the same time. I see the benefit of the m&p cause I carry the m&p9c. But since I got the compact already the cz would be a nice add to my collection and by collection I don't mean to look at lol.

Have you tried the new CZ p10. I got to handle one the other day...so nice.. the trigger is amazing. There are so many new guns on the market right now Its hard to choose. Other than the obvious G17, if I was getting a new full size 9 I'd either get the CZp10 or save a few bucks and get a Canik TP9sf. The new Beretta APX has been growing on me too.

Have you tried the new CZ p10. I got to handle one the other day...so nice.. the trigger is amazing. There are so many new guns on the market right now Its hard to choose. Other than the obvious G17, if I was getting a new full size 9 I'd either get the CZp10 or save a few bucks and get a Canik TP9sf. The new Beretta APX has been growing on me too.
how much are the new CZ p10 going for? I haven't seen on in a shop yet

speaking of the Canuk TP9sf, a guy at a speed steel match couple months ago, had one that worked very well.

And I watched some videos of the 'Tactical Orange' CZ 9 target pistol...although $1700 put me off a bit....

Having recently been cured at last of the notion I would ever adapt well to the Gl*ck operating envelop, it's been way easier to focus on what actually works well for me.

If I were asking that same question I'd have to handle/shoot them both.

Fortunately, Sig 320RX has found its way into my gear bag, and for now I am way satisfied. Yes, that is a plug for expanding your own horizons.

FYI, my recent 4 gun/6 load/25' bench test found (surprisingly) my 2nd best overall accuracy 9mm was the venerable P35.

I would get the CZ 75 namely the CZ 75B SP-01 (non-decocker)
It is a "Bucket List" weapon

The M&P is just another polymer-framed pistol

Edit:
If this is for carry, then it would be a compact CZ
Or a polymer frame of your choice

I would say though, that if it came down to having one double stack handgun, I'd still go Glock. People see Glock as ugly or plain, but there are less design grooves and suck that collect dirt or snag on things.
See original I was thinking id get a Glock 17 because I have never had one. And for a SHTF situation Glocks make since to me cause everyone has one so it would be easy to pick up spare mags and guns lol but when I never seem to keep a Glock. I like G23/19s but I just dont hold on to them.

See original I was thinking id get a Glock 17 because I have never had one. And for a SHTF situation Glocks make since to me cause everyone has one so it would be easy to pick up spare mags and guns lol but when I never seem to keep a Glock. I like G23/19s but I just dont hold on to them.

I know what you are saying. Ive gone through probably 50 Glock 17s, 19s, 22s and 23s. I edc a G23 and have a few G22s stashed in convenient places.

If hammers are ok with you there is the CZ P09. Nice single action trigger, more accurate than 98% of the shooters are, an be carried 1911 style or w decocker. Or the Sig 2022, great trigger and again more accurate than most shooters. Decocker only, but that's how I carry. Many great choices out there, but these are often overlooked. Good luck.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top