JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
S&W model 66-2 4" stainless that was supposedly unfired. I traded it off without firing a shot. It is still too painfull to think about.

I recently bought one of those at Clackamas Gun Broker for $500. Nicest general purpose handgun I've ever owned. Will never part with it.

My biggest regret is a 1950's Browning Medalist target pistol with case, counterweights, ammo block, etc.

I saw one advertised for $3500 recently. I traded it for a 12 gauge Citori in about 1975.

Wait, people actually sell their guns? I just hold on to almost all of mine, I have sold a .22LR that was my first rifle when I turned 18(my parents hated guns so I bought a $99 special just to rebel)
I sold a Hi-Point 9MM that was only $115 new
Traded a GSG mp5 clone pistol(possibly worst purchase) for an HK USP(very happy with this deal)
All in all i just keep my guns unless they are really crappy and i know I will never shoot them for any reason again.

Hello, my name is Bear and I'm a gun of the month whore...

Glad I got that off my chest. Admitting it is the first step in recovery (although, I'm not sure I want to recover). In order to own all the guns that I've wanted over the years, my safe resembles one of the revolving doors at the airport. Some guns never make it out of the door before they turn around and leave. I consider every gun that I buy to be on probation for at least a year. If it makes it through the year, it usually doesn't go anywhere. It gets through the revolving door into the collection. I could never afford to keep up with my habit if I kept every single gun I've owned over the last 13 years. But the experiences I've had are priceless. I've owned cool factor guns (Beretta Cx4 storm carbine in .45 ACP). I've owned rare guns (factory engraved Colt 1903 pocket hammerless). I've owned pieces of history (Remignton 1903a3, Garands, WWI (1918) 1911's). I've enjoyed most. Some I sold for reason. The 1911 cut my hand so bad that it wasn't fun to shoot and I had no desire to "fix" it. Others I sold because they never got shot and I couldn't afford to hang on to collectables (factory engraved Colt 1903).

Of all of the guns I've sold there are only a few I wish I had back, and even these are replaceable with others if necessary. Both were sold on this forum. I wouldn't mind having my Remington 870 express back. It was the second gun I ever bought and I traded it away (happy with the trade, but regardless). When it was sold, it has a 20" rifle sight barrel, a plus one scattergun tech mag extension, and a four round side saddle. Nothing special, just a bit sentimental. The second was a S&W Model 10 round butt snub nose. It had a nice amount of wear on the finish and faux ivory grips. Again, a bit sentimental as its the gun I taught my mother to shoot with. No real regrets, but a few I'd like to get back someday.

Ahh, the confessions of a gun of the month whore. I guess group therapy works... :)

All of them!!

I shoulda hung on to the Blackhawk in .357 Maximum. However, as I only had $25 invested in it (horse trading) and was offered $525, it wasn't too hard letting go. I sure wish that I had fired it before it left!!

I just sold my ParaOrdnance P-14 LDA and all the ammo, holsters, etc. That one is still hurting. It had been with me since 2000. My hands have gotten to the point (psoriasis) that it was very difficult at times if not impossible to work the slide.

The one that I miss the most is the first gun that I bought. It was a single shot break open 16 gauge. I think it was a JC Higgins? I think that I paid around $25 back in 1970 when I was 14 years old. I later sold it to a cousin who later sold it to a guy who died and it went in an estate sale. I damn near got it back. Damn!

Ruger .44 carbine in great shape. I replaced it a few years later with one that's not nearly as nice, but still shoots just as good though.

All my sentimental guns I gave or sold to family members, so I still get to see them if I get too sad about it:).

Most of the time I sell something I really like, I only regret it for a short while till I find something else better and forget about it. I've got rid of a dozen or so guns in the past few weeks, and while it still hurts seeing them go, I just think back to the last time I had to move all that crap and suddenly I don't regret it so much.

I am new here, so I figured I'd start out with a simple question. The one I regret selling the most was a S&W 629 44mag. It was the long barrel version with a 4x scope on it and was amazingly accurate. I sold it in the 90's because it was expensive to shoot, and I wanted to buy a Les Baer 45.

I am very happy with the LB, which I still have, but I wish I still had the SW. It's funny, I sold the SW because I was paying $20 for 50 rounds of 44 mag. Now I pay that for a box of 45acp.:huh:
I had a belgian baby browning .25acp in high gloss blue with a patent leather holster, mother of pearl grips engraved with the name of a WW11 German officer. It was taken from him after he surrendered to a U.S. GI. Got it in a trade, kept it for 8 years and lost interest. Sold it for $400.00. I think that was too cheap as the buyer leapt at the deal. Greydog.

It had to be one of these two....
22 K-Hornet I built on a small Martini action with a .22 target barrel and a V-22 scope.:(
30-06 light weight Husqvarna With a 6 x 42 Hensold Scope on a stock custom built to fit me.:(
I did manage to keep my S&W Combat Masterpiece .38Spl.

Of the 7 i have let go, The mod. 94 30 30. I bought that new with my berry picking money when i was 12 years old. I believe the price was $89.00 back then.
I do wish i had the other 6 still.

I am new here, so I figured I'd start out with a simple question. The one I regret selling the most was a S&W 629 44mag. It was the long barrel version with a 4x scope on it and was amazingly accurate. I sold it in the 90's because it was expensive to shoot, and I wanted to buy a Les Baer 45.

I am very happy with the LB, which I still have, but I wish I still had the SW. It's funny, I sold the SW because I was paying $20 for 50 rounds of 44 mag. Now I pay that for a box of 45acp.:huh:

This is easy, my 1st full blown USPSA race gun... the MOST, is this.

IMAG0859.jpg

There are two.

Colt Python .357 4" blue. Purchased in NH in the late 70s (my first revolver)

S&W Highway Patrolmen .357 blue with 6" barrel purchased in 1982 at Maury's Gun Rack (remember them?)

Both were used guns and the Smith was likely a cop gun.

Oh this question pains me every time it comes up. The number of guns I have owned vs what I own now makes me want to cry - and I can't pick just one that I regret selling most because I wind up wishing I had all of them, with maybe one or two exceptions.

I still miss my Browning Hi Power Mk 2.

I miss the Sig P220R DAK

I miss every AR I've had.

I miss my Federal Arms FA 91

And I especially miss my early model CZ 75 Compact. I gave that gun to a family member for Christmas. Life happens and had a major falling out with said family member a couple years later and wound up not speaking to them for 4 years. Then they died. Lost the family and the gun.

I've sold a Glock 22 and 27. Haven't regretted selling either.

Everything else I've bought, I've kept. Best two purchases: Factory Folder Mini-14 (A-Team style) and the HK-94.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top