JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am new here, so I figured I'd start out with a simple question. The one I regret selling the most was a S&W 629 44mag. It was the long barrel version with a 4x scope on it and was amazingly accurate. I sold it in the 90's because it was expensive to shoot, and I wanted to buy a Les Baer 45.

I am very happy with the LB, which I still have, but I wish I still had the SW. It's funny, I sold the SW because I was paying $20 for 50 rounds of 44 mag. Now I pay that for a box of 45acp.:huh:

I also regret the sale of a Smith .44; a late-'50's M29, with 6.5" barrel (the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off). It was in 95% condition, in terms of original finish, but some knucklehead had apparently take a ball peen hammer to the face of the cylinder, dinging a couple of the chambers. It shot OK, but I sold it for what I'd paid for it ($350, fifteen years ago). I wish I'd shopped around for a replacement cylinder, and hung onto it. I replaced it with a M544, a .44-40 chambered commemorative, which was sold, no regrets, to fund a Thunder Ranch M22. I shoot the 22 more each year, than I shot the other two the entire time I had them. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

:s0058:Heckler & Koch HK91. Bought it in the early 80's for $ 700.00. Sold it a few years later when I was unemployed for $ 300.00. See them all the time in that generation for 2000 and up. :s0058:

I had a Colt Mustang, I hadn't even touched it in years. I sold it to buy some parts for my race car. It is exactly what I want right now but the prices have gone up so much that I don't think I'll ever replace it.

Well, this has been discussed before, but that being said................here is my biggest regret.

H&K 94 -Like new - Serial #25. :(

DSCF4220.jpg

DSCF4225.jpg

DSCF4230.jpg

There have been many regretted sales but drinking about it right now it is a toss-up between the Series - 70 GCNM in the factory wood presentation case (it was a jamming POS!) and my 1st Gen Colt AR 15 Sporter.

Dan Wesson 15-2 .357 revolver. Most accurate handgun I ever owned. Traded it for a Winchester 94 NRA Commemorative that I still have because I wanted a Deer rifle at the time. Still kicking myself about that one.

I have 4)

My first M1 Carbine which would now cost close to 1000.00 to replace based on it's maker and condition

Ruger M77R tang safety Ramline synth stock Tasco world class 4X-12X in .22-250

Smith Corona O3-A3 in stunning condition that shot like it was a sniper grade rifle from the get go. It will cost 4 times what I got to replace it now.

All three above were sold many years ago to pay bills. Household and family come first but dang I miss the guns.

My Dads model 1890 in .22 long Octogon barrel and in beautiful condition. He wanted it sold and I couldn't afford the 300.00 he wanted. It would cost 6-8 times as much as that to replace it now.

My first centerfire, a plain Model 700 BDL in .243. It is a sentimental thing. Some guns I bond with, trusting them to deliver. Others are just tools. This one was the former. If I could find it, I would buy it back!

it wasn't particularly valuable, but I picked up a 1970's Winchester Model 94 for $150 a couple years ago. I sold it to a friend when I needed cash, for the same amount. I've often wished I'd just hung onto it.

I got rid of a Winchester Model 70 Classic Featherweight All Terrain in 30.06. Was the smoothest action best shooting out of the box rifle I have ever purchased. Got rid of it for a Colt Match Target HBAR. When I went back to get it, it was gone...I've always regretted that one!

I too have sold a few when money was very tight. The one I miss most is a Remington 700 BDL w/heavy varmint barrel in 25-06. Real tack driver!

If I was Sawdust, I would lay awake at night still wondering why I sold the HK 94, why oh why?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top