JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which grips do you prefer on my Colt Anaconda?

• Rosewood

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Tulipwood

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Reactions
Which set of these wood grips do you think looks best on the Anaconda. I thought it would be no contest based on the pics when I ordered them, but in person it is pretty close. I am actually leaning towards the tulipwood ones now.

I like the color of the rosewood ones but the color of the tulipwood ones is very nice and a little different from all my other grips..

The tulipwood ones are a bit longer and my whole hand gets on them nicely and the rosewood ones are shorted but a bit fatter and pretty darn comfy. I think the tulipwood ones are more in scale with the barrel length and that the rosewood ones would look better on a 4" Anaconda if I ever found one.

The tulipwood ones have those cutouts so it can slip over the grip frame and the rosewood ones cover the pony emblem so I would have to notch them out.

Let's hear you opinions. I could go either way right now. :)

Here are some quick pics, pay no attention to the cat hair and paw prints on the posterboard. :D

Rosewood grips

ColtGrip1.jpg

ColtGrip1a.jpg

Tulipwood Hogue grips

ColtGrip2.jpg

ColtGrip2a.jpg

I prefer the larger grips, especially if you'll be shooting it, because the ergonomics are definitely better. Yet, the dark color of the first one I would prefer on a safe queen. Also, the dark grips cut off the colt horse, engraved on the side.

If you're not going to shoot it, then how it fits in your hand doesn't matter. Look wise, I like being able to see the Colt horse on the gun. I like the darker rosewood color though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top