Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Which grips do you prefer on my Colt Anaconda?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Mar 5, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Which set of these wood grips do you think looks best on the Anaconda. I thought it would be no contest based on the pics when I ordered them, but in person it is pretty close. I am actually leaning towards the tulipwood ones now.

I like the color of the rosewood ones but the color of the tulipwood ones is very nice and a little different from all my other grips..

The tulipwood ones are a bit longer and my whole hand gets on them nicely and the rosewood ones are shorted but a bit fatter and pretty darn comfy. I think the tulipwood ones are more in scale with the barrel length and that the rosewood ones would look better on a 4" Anaconda if I ever found one.

The tulipwood ones have those cutouts so it can slip over the grip frame and the rosewood ones cover the pony emblem so I would have to notch them out.

Let's hear you opinions. I could go either way right now. :)

Here are some quick pics, pay no attention to the cat hair and paw prints on the posterboard. :D

Rosewood grips

ColtGrip1.jpg

ColtGrip1a.jpg

Tulipwood Hogue grips

ColtGrip2.jpg

ColtGrip2a.jpg

Joe Link likes this.
  2. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

I prefer the larger grips, especially if you'll be shooting it, because the ergonomics are definitely better. Yet, the dark color of the first one I would prefer on a safe queen. Also, the dark grips cut off the colt horse, engraved on the side.

3. 9mmPDX

9mmPDX 9miWofPDX Member

If you're not going to shoot it, then how it fits in your hand doesn't matter. Look wise, I like being able to see the Colt horse on the gun. I like the darker rosewood color though.

4. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

Both are beautiful but I think I like the tulipwood better. I am usually a fan of the darker/red woods, but the tulipwood is much more unique.

5. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Rosewood, no question.

6. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I vote tulip. It just looks different from what you normally see, and I like that

7. tuckerha

tuckerha Tucson, Arizona Member

like the Rosewood better.

8. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I don't like the mixture of woods on the tulip grips; the rosewood ones just look classy.

9. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Tulipwood

10. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

You REALLY need to stop posting pics of that bee-you-tee-full wheel gun... :D

Oh, and I like the style of the tulipwood and the color of the rosewood.

11. Abe Froman

Abe Froman West of Salem Active Member

+1 for the tulip wood

12. uscsoldier

uscsoldier Salem, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

:thumbup: