JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Which Gen Glock 19 do y'all shoot and why. I just researching about the Glock 19 and have found, that the Gen4 is now LE only. And I've also that the Gen3 is probably one of thy most popular 19's. So is you could pick one generation of the Glock 19 which would it be and why. Also any thoughts on the Glock 19M I just saw one the other day for the first time ever. Just been trying to educate myself on the 19 have thought about picking one up. Thank you.

I have (3) 3rd gen G19's and a 3rd Gen G26, if I was going to buy another G19 it would be a 5th gen MOS and that would be a toss up between a G45 MOS, but I'll be giving a Walther PDP and/or PPQ M1 a chance first.

I would say Gen 4 is the least desirable. A Gen 3 with the old frying pan finish that was used from 2004 to 2011 would be most desirable to me. However, I don't care for the 19. I prefer the 26 or 17 over the 19.

I have a gen 3 4 and 5. I can tell you immediately which is which in a pitch black room by feel and I strongly prefer the gen 4 because I, unlike many, like the finger grooves and it's got an aggressive enough texture to be worry free. The gen 3 is the most slippery, however it feels like it recoils the smoothest. Note I didn't say softest. They're 9mms. Recoil is soft. If you're a lefty, the gen 5's ambi slide catch is a huge deal. You won't realize until you shoot it for a while, then try to shoot an older gen. You really need to handle them and make the decision for yourself as to what you actually like and what you don't care for. The internet can't experience things for you.

I would say Gen 4 is the least desirable. A Gen 3 with the old frying pan finish that was used from 2004 to 2011 would be most desirable to me. However, I don't care for the 19. I prefer the 26 or 17 over the 19.
Facts not a fan of the 19 grip that's why I'll rock a G26 or a 17 but in my opinion the G45 is the best of both worlds

Haha G19 is my favorite glock. As for Gen I really like the 3 and 4... hard to pick just 1. I guess I have 2 Gen4G19 so subconsciously I guess my brain would say gen4. Really though all since gen 3 were great.

I concealed carry a gen5 G26 with some slight modifications and am extremely happy with it. My back up is a Gen4 G43.. I think I am a gen 4 guy the most.

Shoot come to think of it my full size duty carry G17 is a gen 4 too.

Gen 3's for me, but in the 40 flavor, 23 and 35. The Gen 4's and 5's have a mag release that is longer front to back and with the way I grip the gun I bump it when shooting a 4 or 5. Not an issue with the 3's.

I have a G30.3.5 which is THE most comfortable to grip and shoot, I also have G19.3 (which is now my wife's) and a G19.4. I prefer the 19.4 because of the recoil spring assembly and back straps options.

I also have a G43 that I CC'd for several years, but now I (generally) prefer my G43X w/Shield Arms 15rd mags as my CCW. That's why I bought a G48 frame to put the G43 slide on so I can essentially have two G43X's…. LOL

I'm a long time Glock fan, girl friend has a G-19 gen 3 , I now carry a H&K vp9 and like it way more then any of the Glock 9mm's.

1637857226904.png
Happy Thanksgiving!

i really liked the 2nd gen and hoped id like the 3rd gen but did not as much as the 2nd and the reviews of the 4th turnt me off even trying that one so i just kinda concluded 2nd gen was best and 3rd is an acceptable alternative

so i aint tried 4 or 5, but... how could you possibly improve on 2? they nailed it. only problem is, its not like you can just walk into a gun shop and pick up a brand new gen2 17

i really liked the 2nd gen and hoped id like the 3rd gen but did not as much as the 2nd and the reviews of the 4th turnt me off even trying that one so i just kinda concluded 2nd gen was best and 3rd is an acceptable alternative

so i aint tried 4 or 5, but... how could you possibly improve on 2? they nailed it. only problem is, its not like you can just walk into a gun shop and pick up a brand new gen2 17
The gen 2 trigger is lousy compared to newer gens.

I only have 2 Gen 5s and nothing else. I'm late to the Glock game but had so many Glock mags for my Ruger PCC that I figured I needed an actual Glock to go with it. I did a bunch of research before purchasing, because that's what I do, and ended up with an Apollo Customs 45 from Davidson's with night sights and a custom textured grip in a tan color. Neat gun, but I have narrow, long hands and found the grip a bit long so I tried out a 19 at my LGS and liked the feel better. The Gen 5s were my choice because of some improvements to the slide design (taper at the front along with front serrations) combined with no finger grooves (my narrower fingers don't align great with most finger groove grips) and a supposed even more wear resistant finish.

This is what my 45 looks like (not my picture):
gun-8608.jpg

My 19 is standard black. In a perfect world, my 19 would be setup the same way as my 45, because I get tired of all black guns, but it's super functional. Like the Chevy pickup of guns.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top