1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Which forum?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by OR_VARMINT_HUNTER, Oct 21, 2011.

I found a good deal on a pistol/sbr upper so picked it up. What's the easiest way to make it I don't wanna do a forum 4 cuz I do not want to engrave it. Can I by a lower and have my ffl register it as an sbr lower?
  2. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

A Form 1 is if you build it and engrave a Form 4 is if you buy from a dealer, most just sell complete SBRs but talk to Coctailer he can build you one..

A Forum is where you post questions, a Form is something you fill out ;-)
    mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. WhitneyPrecision

WhitneyPrecision Lane County Member

Be sure to read and follow the instructions precisely. If you a not 100% certain that the forms are correctly filled out, do not waste the examiners time by sending them in. They will simply return them to you unapproved, and they will have already cashed your check...
  4. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Just be aware, a dealer isn't going to "build" you a SBR lower for free, if you are buying one from out of state it's gonna be extra $$$ and time, for a second transfer.

The EASIEST way is to build a pistol. Even if you eventually want a SBR you might consider building a pistol, submitting the Form 1, get it engraved, shoot the snot out of the pistol for the 3-4 months it takes to get the forms back, then add a stock.

I would also be leery of submitting a Form 1 or 4 on an un-tested un-built lower. If the machining is "out of spec", the manufacturer will replace the lower but not reimburse you for your wasted time OR the $200 on the stamp. It's rare, but it HAS happened.