JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our dog has allergies in his old age, so we make our own,

Basically rice, turkey burger, peas, and carrots, throw some yogurt on top. Hasn't cured the allergies but it is actually more affordable and we can control the consistency.

Compare the ingredients from bag to bag over the course of a year and you will find 80% of companies are always adjusting there ingredients.

very active working dogs.

Well that disqualifies my dog. He likes deer bubblegum and whatever other disgusting rotting crap he can find around the yard. I give him Bi-Mart brand 'cause it obviously doesn't make a difference to him.

I suspect as a first post from someone in Denver that this might be more of an attempt to up the search engine rankings of your website. Just a guess though.

I have two border collies and I feed mine Nutro Nuggets Brown Rice and Venison - I also feed them chicken strips every morning with glucosomine due to my older dog being 11+ years old.. I have looked hard and long at this question - and without going to an all natural diet I feel that this product based on two reasons is the best for my dogs. 1) I look at the teeth, eyes, coats and behavior of the dog, as well as the droppings in the yard. Based on these facts I feel that the food is working very well for them. 2) I also look at the ingredients in the dog food, if the first ingredient is anything but meat based I will automatically pass on it. In the case of this food the first item must be based on meat. I think the third is brown rice. I am at work or I would give you the ingredient listing. This dog food is around 50$ for a 30lb bag so it is not cheap - my kids get the best that I can provide. We spend well over 150$ a month on these two not counting vet and grooming bills. If there is such thing as reincarnation - then in my next life time they owe me.

James Ruby

I dont think you really want to know you are just trying to pass your business onto us - no thanks.

Here is the ingredients listing:
Ingredients
Venison Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Ground Rice, Rice Gluten, Rice Bran, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Rice Flour, Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Oatmeal, Natural Flavors, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Soybean Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Dehydrated Potatoes, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, Salt, Dried Egg Product, Dried Kelp, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement,

I tried a few brands, researched a bunch more, and finally landed on Natures Recipe.
My dog loves it. She's been eating it for almost 2 years now and she's been a shining beacon of health according to the vet.

http://promotions.petsmart.com/landing/natures-recipe/?&ab=natural_pt0611nrecipe

imag0006cw.jpg

Kirkland or Blue Buffalo or Natural Balance. We always add fish oil, and one other "special" ingredient (beans or carrots or chicken or beef usually). "Reuben night" is always a hit (add sauerkraut :). Vet checkups have always been "excellent health."

Cooked chicken, pork, beef stew chunks, eggs, carrots, chicken bones, brussel sprouts, rice, and Kirkland and Blue Buffalo and vitamins for my 10 month old Standard Schnauzer. My near 15 year Standard was feed the same except for the Blue Buffalo. Olive oil is used for cooking all of the meats above. He recently went to the big dog bone in the sky.

I raise bluetick hound bear and coon dogs. The most protein and fat per dollar, with meat as the first ingredient is Diamond Naturals. We feed their Beef & Rice in the off season and their Extreme Athlete during hunting season and cold weather. These hounds can run 40 miles in a day during hunting season, and we treat them like high dollar professional athletes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top