JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
after a great day of duck hunting on the willamette river near st. paul, i was checked out by the game warden at the boat ramp. after finding nothing wrong with my harvest, and lisence's,tags,stamps etc. he said, " well, let me check yer' "pea shooter" so i can see if you have yer' plug installed.

Tactical

would you like some tactical pants (yes really tactical pants) to go with that tactical flash light and that tactical scope what makes a tactical scope oh its got a 30mm tube or some weaver rail attached

paint it black and its tactical a ak47 with wood furniture is not tactical but change it to black now its tactical

Black boot use to be work boots now they are tactical boots

Probably too picky but I also find the term: Hi-cap really irritating. It's not a hi-cap magazine if it is part of the standard design of the gun. It's a standard capacity magazine, not “high capacity”. :D
"Clip" used in place of "magazine", by far is the biggest annoyance to me. I know that people still get what you are talking about, but they'd probably get what you meant if you said "gat", but most of us don't go around calling guns "gats".

"Don't worry, It's not loaded"
That always gives me chills when I hear it. That really bothers me.

I'm normally not bothered by the mis-use of other terms. I deal with new gun owners every day, so I'm pretty used to it.

I totally agree. The only thing that bothers me has to do with safety. People not treating a "gat" with respect really irratates me.

I am around people unfamiliar with guns and new to shooting all the time. If they say clip and mean magazine or say silencer instead of suppressor, it truly doesn't bother me at all. Really not a big deal.

My least favorite would be when the papers and news refer to a semi-auto as an "auto" as in, "The suspect was found to be in posetion of an automatic firearm." When in all reality it was a Jennings .22.

Also when people call a silencer/supressor a "can".

Terms used by the media and the Brady-types already mentioned like "assault weapon", "gun-toting", "cop-killer bullet", and others like "gunman", "arsenal", "high powered", "plastic guns", "automatic", "Sat Night Specials", "high capacity", "non-sporting purposes", "gun violence".

These terms are meant to depict firearms themselves (especially handguns) as inherently evil and to characterize anyone associated with guns (especially private citizens) as a potential menace to the greater good. They are politically charged, intentionally used, and, as such, offensive. So in other words, these kinds of words amount to slurs.

I don't have a problem with clip vs mag, silly gangbanger slang, and other foolish expressions that amount to ordinary and harmless ignorance.

Tactical or Tacticool both bug me. Tupperwear when used to describe a polly frame pistol is a mark of a closed mind.

Clip vrs mag and those that take it personally. Many use the wrong nominclature when new to firearms and quickly get dressed down by someone wanting to show they know more. Be kind to the new shooters, explain the proper wording with out making them feel stupid.

Overall if the intent of the words is reasonable there might be room to educate the person with the proper verbage but little reason to punk them for using the wrong words unless they are talking about there gat and bumping some heat.

I along with anybody who has gone shooting with an idiot hates to hear,

it's ok it's not loaded. I had a friend point a shotgun at me coming back from the line. I never went shooting with him again.
I also had a friend blow his head off with a pistol in middle school with a gun that "wasn't loaded".
He was an idiot too. But I can't give him crap cause he's dead.

Also I hate any gun fearing fool use the words "gun rights" and "that shoulder thing that goes up"

so if I post my tactical assalt saiga shotty with a muzzle break to lessen the kick and its high cap clip and include the tactical carry bag for trade and want a cool piece like a retro Hi-Point type saturday night special seven shot high capacity double stack auto so I can be strappin heat with my CCW would also be interested in some cop killa bullets for the weapon but dont want to pay more than MSRP you would all have a stroke right. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top