Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Which electronic power scale?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Bxc53, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Bxc53

Bxc53 Arlington Wa Member

I currently have a RCBS balance beam scale and a low $ Frankford Arsenal digital scale.The digital has some drift and shuts off after a minute or so. Between the both of them I can get a pretty close reading, but its a lot of fiddling.

So, I'm looking for a better electronic scale with consistant readings and an adjustable shut off timer. My budget is $100 +-.

Suggestions?

2. SinisterSouthpaw

SinisterSouthpaw SW WA Active Member

I bought a PACT scale and then received one (the pro version) as a gift. I have used them both for years and followed the directions exactly and kept static at bay when using or storing them. I think they are very good products and would buy the pro if I lost them, since I do not really need 2 scales and the pro works with the powder dispenser which I have also used for years.
    There are also some other good scales on the market, but I would not buy one that does not come with checkweights. I have also used a lot of FA products over the years and liked them well enough, but that scale and others like it is not something I would buy. Something a bit more substantial is called for, I think.

3. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

I have Berry's MFG ACC-2000 Digital Scale and am really happy with it. It is very fast.
    The scale is $129.99 but with free shipping.

digital scale, reloading scale, electronic scale

[video=youtube;CkvJB8m0Ab4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkvJB8m0Ab4[/video]

jbett98 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've got an older PACT. It has been 100% reliable and accurate
    for at least 10 years, no problems.

5. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

Just picked up a RCBS balance beam to replace a digital scale. I'm done with digital for now they're just to finicky and temperature sensitive.

Loaded up 50 rounds of .243 a couple weeks back with the RCBS and was really surprised how fast it went.

ogre and (deleted member) like this.
  6. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

I purchased this one My Weigh GemPro 250 after hearing nothing but good things about it from a few members here. So far so good is all I can say.

Good luck on your search:thumbup:

rgold1963 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. rgold1963

rgold1963 Washington State Active Member

What Spectra said!

8. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

you can buy the rcbs charge master scale and if you later decide add on the powder dispenser...

or get both...

hornady has a nice powder dispenser for about 200$

9. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

You just about can't go wrong in whatever one you decide on. You get what you pay for. FWIW I have a Dillon D-Terminator and so far have had very good luck with it.

10. Bxc53

Bxc53 Arlington Wa Member

Thanks for the good suggestions. I'll check them out.