Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Which Countries Have The Highest Registered-Gun-To-Citizen Ratio?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by jimboshooter, Jun 27, 2012.

1. jimboshooter

jimboshooter West Portland, Oregon Active Member

Interesting video clip on worldwide gun ownership. Sounds like Switzerland is the place to be if you want to own a gun. Goberment makes you own one!

Who Knew

2. yskippy

yskippy Tigard Life Member Lifetime Supporter

I Love this story about Switzerland....

""While traveling around Switzerland on Sundays, everywhere one hears gunfire, but a peaceful gunfire: this is the Swiss practicing their favorite sport, their national sport. They are doing their obligatory shooting, or practicing for the regional, Cantonal or federal shooting festivals, as their ancestors did it with the musket, the arquebus or the crossbow. Everywhere, one meets urbanites and country people, rifle to the shoulder, causing foreigners to exclaim: 'You are having a revolution!"

- General Henri Guisan

There is a story, possibly apocryphal but awesome nonetheless, that a ranking German (possibly the Kaiser) was visiting and watching the Swiss military on their summer maneuvers. He asked the Swiss commander, "How big a force do you command?"

The Swiss general confidently replied, "I can mobilize one million men in twenty-four hours."

The German asked, "What would happen if I marched five million men in here tomorrow?"

The Swiss replied, "Each of my men will fire five shots and go home."

5 shots..no more...no less....love it

3. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

I really like that Yahoo News thing, how long has it been around?

4. PromptCritical

PromptCritical Oregon City, OR Member

It occurs to me that having a high registered gun to citizen ratio isn't a good thing.

It should be zero, and have absolutely no relation to the number of weapons owned by the populace.

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.
  5. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Registered? Like the Nazis did? Didn't work out too well for the citizens.