JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
10mm in my area is the most available handgun cartridge(cause everyone bought up the 9mm), 45 acp/auto is actually more expensive at my lgs. 10mm is $5 cheaper a box than .45 right now. I went to Sunset Firearms with a friend a few days ago, all they had pistol caliber ammo was: 7.62x25,.32 S&W long, 10mm, .40 S&W, and .45 Colt.

That reinforces my points. 10mm shooters typically reload, hence, they haven't stormed the stores buying up all the 10mm. Odd that .45 is cheaper, that's likely because prices are inflated in response to the panic buying - 10mm has been panic bought likely some of the least. It's whatever, I'm excited to see the boom in production after the panic buying dies down.

9 and done.

Considering this is in consideration of SFTF, think how many cops or police forces carry 10mm or 45acp?

How many carry 9mm?

But, if you are on the move, you are not going to be able to carry tons of ammo. Most likely you will need to pick it up on the way.

This always cracks me up. Where is all this magical ammo that you will just "pick it up on the way"? Nobody can find 9mm right now, but if SHTF, there will just be ammo laying around like a video game?

If that's the case, I'll just fight the level 5 vampire boss to aquire the flaming sword and cloak of invisibility.

That reinforces my points. 10mm shooters typically reload, hence, they haven't stormed the stores buying up all the 10mm. Odd that .45 is cheaper, that's likely because prices are inflated in response to the panic buying - 10mm has been panic bought likely some of the least. It's whatever, I'm excited to see the boom in production after the panic buying dies down.
I said 10mm is cheaper, I can buy 10mm fmj for $22 a box of 50 vs $27 for a box of 50 .45 fmj
Reloading componets are hard to come by right now from what I've read.

I said 10mm is cheaper, I can buy 10mm fmj for $22 a box of 50 vs $27 for a box of 50 .45 fmj
Reloading componets are hard to come by right now from what I've read.

No, I understand what you said, that currently where you are, 10mm is cheaper, but I am saying typically, 10mm is not cheaper than .45 - unless the 10mm has become so popular that they are producing it in equal quantities to .45, which I seriously doubt. 10mm being cheaper where you are is likely purely an effect of marketing and supply and demand, they want to move product to make money, if they lower the price a little, they still make money, maybe they are sitting on a lot of 10mm ammo stock and want to move it during what is a sellers market, who knows.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top