JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They tried to make the 14 E1 a replacement for the BAR but the cyclic rate was too high, walking or standing with the E1 could not be controlled.
I never saw one of those in service. One company I was in, did, however, have some M14's with the selector switch devices still in place. With ordinary rifle stocks, not the E1.

I will try to post pictures later today. Many years ago, I went to a machine shoot in Penn. It was one of the ones I brought with me. I thought to myself, I am going to look like fool if I shoot this standing up. So I laid down on the big canvas that was set up, put the Bipod down and discovered the dynamics of the gun.

14-E1 Note the pull down handle and bipod was part of the gun. I guess they never got into big production
due to their behavior. I pulled the teeth out of it, and sold it.

IMG_0028.jpg IMG_0029.jpg

14-E1 Note the pull down handle and bipod was part of the gun. I guess they never got into big production
due to their behavior. I pulled the teeth out of it, and sold it.
Thanks for adding the pictures. The regular M14 bipods were a manufacturing work of art. I don't know what they were carried for on the property books, but way, way more expensive to make than the stamped sheet metal, two piece jobs made for the M16.

I use the ATLAS on most of my AR10's and I think they are a work of art. The high end ones area little
wide but when you lock them down they don't move. It's almost like shooting off sand bags.

I have never seen one do that or heard of one doing that. Basically it was said that the M14 was an M1
with a box magazine. I am not saying it could not happen, just never heard of it happening.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top