JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which ad setup do you prefer?

• Option 1

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Option 2

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
We're kicking around a couple design changes with regards to how ads are displayed. Please tell me which you like better.

Option 1: Current Ad Setup
Option 2: <broken link removed>

Thank You :s0155:

I like the current one but if you get more advertisers, option 2 is better. Option 2 is a probably a more common format for displaying ads in a non-obtrusive manner.

I think we should just keep the first one. Plus just some other suggestions, keep all vendors ads in the vendor section and delete all sold ads. The reason being if put something up in a couple of days it is on page seven already. To be honest I just go to page three and then stop. Plus if you have more than 2 guns for sale put them in the same ad because some people put up 4,5,6 or more ads in order and take up a lot of the page.

Just some ideas I thought I would throw out there.

Thanks,

Scott

Put me in the 1st group. I like the way things are set up a little bit better, but I really hate having to adjust to a "new and improved" format. I just got used to what things changed to from before!

I also like Scott's suggestion to put the vendor ads in a separate section. That may be an unpopular idea, but I like it. I also agree with deleting sold ads, but DO NOT like the idea of one ad for multiple guns unless the advertiser wants it that way. I like to have an idea of what the ad contains (specifically) from the title.

And Thank You, Joey, for all of the time you've invested in this site.

Ads at top means they are "out of sight" as soon as you scroll past them (unless you set them in a header frame that does not move with the page). The downside is you have to scroll past them to get to the actual thread you are reading.
Ads on the side are more visible as you scroll down, but allow the actual thread to start higher up the page.

Personally, I could go with either one. One thing that would be nice would be for the header to be "fixed" so that it is always at the top.

Also, I've been a member of other forums that had it set up if you donated a certain amount, you didn't have to see the ads at all (unless you chose to).

I think we should just keep the first one. Plus just some other suggestions, keep all vendors ads in the vendor section and delete all sold ads. The reason being if put something up in a couple of days it is on page seven already. To be honest I just go to page three and then stop. Plus if you have more than 2 guns for sale put them in the same ad because some people put up 4,5,6 or more ads in order and take up a lot of the page.

Just some ideas I thought I would throw out there.

Thanks,

Scott

Couldn't agree more.. In spite of all the rhetoric..there's no good reason to leave closed ads up.. FFL's should post in vendor section..and other classifieds should be for private party ads..

Option 1 on the ads.
I also would like to see all FFL listings in the vendor section and sold ads deleted. I agree with Orygun about the multiple items per post... meaning I like one item per ad.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but the only ads that are visible to me are the one in the top banner and the Brownell's ad. The rest are there but they are not visible. If I mouse over them I will see the link on the bottom toolbar but I am not seeing the ads themselves... not that I mind.

Looks like the people have spoken! I'll close this, but leave it up so I can refer back on the other suggestions mentioned here.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads