JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which 9mm?

• Browning Hi Power

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • CZ-75B or SA

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Beretta M9

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Sig P226

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Other full size, hi-cap, metal frame 9mm

Votes: 12 13.6%

• Total voters
I just traded off my M-9. Was not thrilled with it's accuracy. Got an XDM 9mm in 3.8" barrel and this thing is amazing!!!! Accuracy rivals my Para-Ord 14-45 Limited. If you have to have metal, I'd look at the Para-Ordnance. I have a carry LDA in 45 and like it a lot.

My 9 is for target shooting. When I got the XDM, I stood there at the counter with both the 3.8" and full length barrels in hand and I just liked the look and feel of the 3.8". I got the M-9 when my daughter was going into the Air Force so we could shoot something she may wind up using in Afghanistan. She's out now (She Didn't go to Bagram) and I wasn't impressed with the accuracy. It's a well built gun with a solid feel but if you can't hit with it at 25 yrds...Well it's gone now. The XDM 9 impressed me the 1st time I used it. Put 10 rounds down range strong hand (With same ammo I used with M-9) and put 8 of 10 inside the 5" black!!! First one was dead center even. The guys I was shooting with all took turns and confirmed I wasn't just having a good day.

Even though I've owned polymer framed handguns and NEVER had a single problem with any of them, I still can't bring myself to buying one. A Glock 17 and an XDM was on my list, but I just like the heavy weight metal framed handguns.

shoot them all first then decide. i own sigs but the high bore axis bugs me. my beretta is a very fine shooter and very accurate but the thick grip bugs me. grip angle on the glock bugs me and so does the center of balance as the mag empties (same with my polymer framed HK USP). One weapon that I truly like shooting is a PSP... yeah, I'm weird. You may be too so again, go try them all out first.:s0114:

If you have big hands, you might have a problem with hammer bite on the Browning HiPower. My buddy is a big guy and gets bit every now and then when he fires my HiPower. I love my M9 and had two 92FS models before it. All three were very accurate and I have no problem nailing a 12 x 15 metal plate at 50 yards. If you want a rail, get the M9A1 or one of the Vertec models plus you can usually find used Crimson Trace lasergrips pretty cheap. SIG 226 would be my second choice.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top