JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which 9mm?

• Browning Hi Power

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • CZ-75B or SA

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Beretta M9

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Sig P226

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Other full size, hi-cap, metal frame 9mm

Votes: 12 13.6%

• Total voters
I'd go with the M-9. It was one of the nicest guns I have ever shot or felt. Very nice craftsmanship, like art. Mine was very accurate also. Wish I didn't sell it. I don't care for Sigs much, I'm in no way saying they have anything wrong with them, I just couldn't hit much with the couple I've shot, bit they do feel good in my hand. I have no experiance with the others. I don't think you'd be disappointed at all with the Beretta.

No one mentions Kimber. Aeigis II?.

Its not high capacity.

I've narrowed it down to the CZ-75B SA and the Sig P226. The Browning HP is just too expensive and the Beretta doesn't quite fit right in my hands. I held the P226 and the CZ. I think I'm leaning more towards the CZ, I just need to experience firing both of them before I decide.

Love my XD9, 3.8". No M. Just XD and it's the bomb. Enough that I got the XD9 sub for my carry. Waiting for this weekend to shoot my new Kel-Tec PF9.

Have quite a few nine's myself. I'd go with the CZ. My two steel framed 9's are a CZ-85 and the BHP. The CZ now has the nicest trigger of any SA/DA I've ever had. Just got teh BHP and it shoots really nice but the CZ trigger has more potential than the BHP even though it's not SA. I'm a lefty so I bought the 85.

The first 9mm I'd recommend is a Model 1911 in .45 ACP.

:D

Barring that, Ruger's SR9 is a keeper and so is anything from Kahr. If size is an issue, get a small Beretta or the Cougar from Stoeger, and Taurus makes some compact 9mm pistols that are reliable.

Load up with Federal Hydra Shoks, Hornady XTPs or Remington Golden Sabers, and don't overlook Speer Lawman or Winchester's SXT.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top