JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've only used Polymer 80 frames, but they've been perfectly reliable for me after tuning (have built 3). The only stipulation here is that you don't want one of the first generation versions due to a difference in how the rails were constructed.

Wait, what new rules?
That any part sold that could/would be made into a firearm where that part needs to be serialized to transfer it, must now be serialized, even though it requires work to get it to that point. I.E., 80% lowers will need to be serialized and have a BGC and be sold by FFLs. The rule was to go into effect in June, now it is supposedly going into effect in April.

That any part sold that could/would be made into a firearm where that part needs to be serialized to transfer it, must now be serialized, even though it requires work to get it to that point. I.E., 80% lowers will need to be serialized and have a BGC and be sold by FFLs. The rule was to go into effect in June, now it is supposedly going into effect in April.
I bought one of those last year when Kate Brownstain was making noise, but I don't really have a use for it, otherwise I'd buy more.

Polymer 80 owns the category.
Arm or Ally and Rockey Brass are where I have found the best deals.
I did a G19 clone and it's one of my favorite pistols to shoot.

Polymer 80a-I.png

ETA:
If you can find them, I'd suggest getting the frames for G17, G19 and G20/G21
That way you've got the Trifecta on ice, even if you don't want to build right away.

Last Edited:
So basically if you own them now you're good but if you manufacture later you will have to have a BCG ect

So basically if you own them now you're good but if you manufacture later you will have to have a BCG ect
I believe so yes. I have not looked at the rules, but if you want to get something without "paperwork", now is the time. I am just going by what a Reddit post said.

Here is a good post to that thread:

The official site still says June 2022.

The longer version - The official site for the regulatory process is regulations.gov and it contains the official docket (in this case, ATF-2012-0001). If you click the link to the left and go to the Unified Agenda, you can see the Final Action date is listed as 6/00/2022. This generally means the final rule is expected to be published on this site and in the Federal Register sometime in June.

I don't know whether the rumor that they are moving it to April is valid or not, sounds like it may just be a rumor, but I am going to play it safe and get a frame ASAP.

Anyone know of any good deals on frame kits? I should have bought when I saw them cheap on a bunch of sights.

Anyone know of any good deals on frame kits?
In stock is pretty difficult to find. I've had some luck through the gunbroker.com site if you keep your eyes open. Deals a bit under or right around $100 are fairly frequent in the past but I would imagine prices are going to be going through the roof... if they already haven't.

For the OP... As already stated, Polymer80 pretty much has the corner on the market. I've done over a half dozen builds using all 3 main sized frames and wouldn't consider anything other than a poly80. Highly reliable, although I did have one subcompact frame that was scraped at the manufacturers direction and replaced at no cost.

Last Edited:
I found a lower for $97 shipped at Armorally, picked one up. I have been meaning to do so for a long time, I ended up with the G43.

I found a lower for $97 shipped at Armorally, picked one up. I have been meaning to do so for a long time, I ended up with the G43.
You'll have to post how that build goes. I've never tried the single stack.

On edit: Well.... crap! LOL That's a decent price and likely only going to go up. I picked up a couple compact frames for $109ea, but of course, the one color I really would have liked isn't on sale and runs $160. The bubblegum with that! Black it is! ;)

(Thanks for spending my money for me...)

Last Edited:
The GST 9 80% is the bees knees
Agree, I have both a GST-9 and a Polymer 80 quality wise & ergonomicaly there is no comparison. GST-9 feels much better and the polymer used is much closer to what Glock uses. I find the Polymer 80's to be to square in the front strap of the grip. However the Polymer 80 is def cooler looking.

Agree, I have both a GST-9 and a Polymer 80 quality wise & ergonomicaly there is no comparison. GST-9 feels much better and the polymer used is much closer to what Glock uses. I find the Polymer 80's to be to square in the front strap of the grip. However the Polymer 80 is def cooler looking.
So does the GST-9 come with a jig, tabs to cut, etc. like a P80 ?

So does the GST-9 come with a jig, tabs to cut, etc. like a P80 ?
Unfortunately it does not come with the jig & stuff. That's 29.99 for the jig with the extra's and $149.99 for the frame. It is worth paying the extra money though in my opinion. Coolest part about the frames is they can be either Glock 19 or glock 17 size!

Unfortunately it does not come with the jig & stuff. That's 29.99 for the jig with the extra's and $149.99 for the frame. It is worth paying the extra money though in my opinion. Coolest part about the frames is they can be either Glock 19 or glock 17 size!
*The MOD1 does NOT accept Glock 17 slides. The MOD1 frame accepts Glock 19, Glock 19L, & Glock 19XL slides*

I need a frame that can take a G17 slide

*The MOD1 does NOT accept Glock 17 slides. The MOD1 frame accepts Glock 19, Glock 19L, & Glock 19XL slides*

I need a frame that can take a G17 slide
$109.99 (shows In Stock)

That's probably as low as you will find.
I've seen them for $89.99 and $99.99 but it's been quite a while ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top