JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Best .380?

• hi-point

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • taurus TCP

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • bersa thunder

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • walther PK380

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • S&W bodyguard

Votes: 24 12.2%
  • other (please list)

Votes: 109 55.3%

• Total voters
The first pocket Keltec I got was a P-32. It was great until I shot it at the range. It had a rimlock fail to feed jam.
This happened to me twice. Keltec said they would sell me a "rimlock" kit to prevent that. I sold it instead and got a P3AT.
Great pistol.

The first pocket Keltec I got was a P-32. It was great until I shot it at the range. It had a rimlock fail to feed jam.
This happened to me twice. Keltec said they would sell me a "rimlock" kit to prevent that. I sold it instead and got a P3AT.
Great pistol.

The only reliable 32 I have is a Colt pocket hammerless.. it can be done but only with true quality manufacture. Kel Tec and quality are oxymorons used in conjunction..

I understand that the Seecamp .32 will only use Silvertip ammo for the rimlock ammo flaw. Even with "quality" manufacture, there are limits.
My .380 Keltec is "quality" manufacture, depending on your definition of manufacure. Please don't slam someone's decision on purchase.

Funny. On page 1, post 20, the OP stated he bought a gun and 4 pages later we're still trying to help him choose. Very funny.

That's why I quit responding, as I already bought (and sold) a PK380. I'm sure this thread has been of use to other folks considering .380s though.

As for keltec .32s being garbage, I disagree. I've carried one daily for about 2 years, and while I've had a few malfunctions, I still trust it to go bang when it needs to. Similar sized .380s kick more than I like, and there isn't anything else comparable in weight, size, cost, reliability, or capacity, so that will continue to be my CC gun until something better comes along.

It's a good discussion of guns that fit the needs of a wide swath of buyers, and a Poll that I think really does represent quality of the guns today. Better than seeing a half dozen smaller threads meandering about.

Small guns fill a great niche. Not one I need filled, but I'm comfortable packing a 5" Schofield replica as a big guy.

I like the Bersa line myself... but the .380 without fatter aftermarket grips, or gloves is really a jumpy little bugger for my big long-boned hands.

I Don't know if I'd go down to .32 ACP personally, but I'd pick it over .25 or .22 if the choice was to go unarmed. Maybe .327 fed, but I'd have to mentally move away from .45 colt to do that first. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top