JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Best .380?

• hi-point

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • taurus TCP

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • bersa thunder

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • walther PK380

Votes: 18 9.1%
  • S&W bodyguard

Votes: 24 12.2%
  • other (please list)

Votes: 109 55.3%

• Total voters
Remington model 51. Pre-war, may be hard to find, but points naturally, lies VERY flat, and is easy to shoot accurately despite vestigial sights. Less recoil than maybe any 380 pistol. My dad has been trying to trade his Sig 232 for my 51 for years. All steel, but so thin it really isn't heavy.

The only 380 ID rather have than my TCP is a Sig 238, Ive owned the P3AT, and fat fingered its clone (LCP) underwhelmed with both. The TCP is head and shoulders better, esecially if you have bigger hands. Nevermind its locking slide, WAYYYY better trigger and great accuracy. Not one issue ever with mine. Get over the name. Its a better gun for a pocket rocket. The 238 is really nice though. Id own one :O)

IMHO, the only reason to own a .380 is for very concealable carry. Otherwise why would we own one? Taking that into consideration, the LCP is hands down the best concealable pocket gun on the market. It is small, reliable, great price, and designed exactly the way a pocket gun should be as far as the sight, smoothed edges, trigger, appearance, and cost. I am not really a Ruger fan so I tried to force myself to like the Bodyguard but the more I pushed my emotions aside and looked at the facts, I went and bought the Ruger.

Colt is reissuing the Mustang, which is the Sig P238. But yeah, the mini 1911s are gorgeous, but for something I'd actually carry without worrying about damaging the beautiful finish, it'd have to be, and is for me, the Ruger LCP. I own and love this piece. Flawless shooting, jamless and accurate. Put JHPs in it and worry not for your life, unles your a slow draw or horrible shot.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

Hands down colt mustang's or sig p238, you'd be a fool to buy anything else.

I know these guns are very nice and all but I guess you guys want a .380 for a different reason than the rest of us. Again, to me the only reason to own a .380 is for a pocket gun. Have you guys actually looked at the hard lines on these guns (Colt/Sig)? These guns look to me like they are designed for appearance, not necessarily for pocket/conceal carry. I'd take the LCP for conceal gun IMHO.

My S&W Walther PPK/S stainless was not a reliable weapon. Even after fresh springs and a once over from a gunsmith to round edges, clean and de-burr it tended to stove pipe.
Since my daughter liked the size & fit of the Walther I got her a Bersa Thunder for her 21st birthday. By far a more reliable weapon and more accurate. She out shot me with that pistol right out of the box!

Only the Beretta made (Browning BDA .380) I might consider better. It was a very nice pistol to shoot. Belonging to a friend back in 1978 memory might look at it more fondly than reality.

well ill take the kahr p380 it shoots +p ammo like buffalo bore with out a issue just as small as your kel-tec copy and is much better made has sights,real sights . a slide release that works easily and is very accurate it does cost more. as far as the sig goes they do look nice but i have had the colt mustang and i dont like a hammer cocked and locked in my pocket my sister has it now in coos bay and if its for iwb then ill pack my kahr pm40 or my glock 23. .by the way i was packing the ruger when i walked into( coctailers) office and he showed me the kahrp380 told me all about it and the truth i just fell in love with it guys .

I bought a Kel-Tec P3AT about a year and a half ago. I thought that would be a good CCW piece.

I have to admit that it has never failed to fire or load, but I did experience quite a few FTEs. After whining about it on another gun blog, I was told to quit limp wristing. Seems to work well and I haven't had any FTEs since then.

The little Kel-Tec has quite a hard recoil and isn't really much fun to shoot. It has minimal sights and really isn't very forgiving of sloppy gun handling. To me, this is not the ideal carry piece. I ended up buying a Ruger SR9c about six months later and couldn't be happier. The Ruger is an amazing pistol. I still carry the Kel-Tec once in a while if my manner of dress won't let me strap on the larger Ruger without printing too much. I think I'm more comfortable with a 9mm carry load anyway.

If concealment is not an issue, then I would get either a Sig P232 or Walther PPk. Might as well get one of the quality .380's on the market.

I strongly agree with stmcelroy. I would also add makarov to that list as well. I own one of each and I would highly recommend any one of them as a first choice for a 0.380 pistol. Personally, my Sig P232 is one of my very favorite range pistols. Hmm, wait a second. All three of them are... and I've never had a failure issue with my PPK/s.

BTW, I own a Kel-Tec P3AT, as well, for CCW. It sucks to shoot, not accurate and strong recoil, but has been extremely reliable.

Walther PPKs are not what they use to be.. My S&W walther was one of the larger recalls in gun history.. Was back at S&W for almost 8 months.. Plus has had a second trip back. I wish the damn thing could get air miles. After I collected a couple of Bersa's I sold my 232. Sigs are great guns but at twice the price of a Bersa it was not worth a penny more. But thats more of a testimony to Bersa rather then a rank on Sig. Bersa's are inexpensive not cheep. Made in Argentina one of the last places the US dollar is very strong.. Keeping the price of imports to the USA down.. If the same Bersa was made with Euros it would be hundreds of $$ more.

Bang for the buck. Bersa .380 is hard to beat.. Dependable and a excellent shooter.

Best of all bar none is a Colt Mustang.. Sig p238 is a ok copy but why bother, Colt has just now re released the .380 mustang pocketlite.. Get the real thing for less $$ not a sig copy.

Colt Mustang .380 Pistol Smaller & Better - YouTube

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top