JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On my long living list of firearms to 'collect', a 1911 sits firmly.

However, i don't have a big thing for 1911's, they're just nice to me, so in the spirit of calibre conservation, i think i'll likely get it chambered in 9.

I know that Rock Island and Springfield have one in 9mm, who else chambers this in 9?

Thanks.

Hmm, didn't know those manufacturers did, i don't see them around much.

I should probably spell out that due to my aforementioned 'no big thing' for them, that i should probably stick to the best of the low end of the market.

So, i think i should call a $600 ceiling, at least as close to there as possible. I will also point out that this is a fairly low priority for me right now, it's on my list, but unlike most of my other list weapons, i haven't decided which one to get yet.

So, i think i should call a $600 ceiling, at least as close to there as possible. I will also point out that this is a fairly low priority for me right now, it's on my list, but unlike most of my other list weapons, i haven't decided which one to get yet.
I think your going to be looking at Taurus or RIA. Plenty of guys shoot both with no problems, but I will warn you the 1911 community can be judgmental and rude, since it's a foreign gun not made in America. Not all of them but there is definitely a stuck up vocal minority. That being said I have also found most of them to be extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

1911 Range Officer® 9mm
1911 Loaded 9mm

I wish Springfield would put the MSRP on their new site, it's difficult when you want benchmarks.

I hadn't thought about Taurus, but had seen RIA as an option.

1911 Range Officer® 9mm
1911 Loaded 9mm

I wish Springfield would put the MSRP on their new site, it's difficult when you want benchmarks.

I hadn't thought about Taurus, but had seen RIA as an option.
The local gun shop has their Davidson catalog online. RO is 750'ish and Loaded is over 900.

Citadel is another option, made by Armscor the same company who makes the RIA fins, but they appear to be a bit nicer. They offer a full size 1911 in 9mm for $591.

http://www.legacysports.com/m-1911

@ripcity : Are those double stacks? I've seen them advertised, and the mag capacity is 17 (I assume in .22 TCM), and that sounds double stack to me, but I don't know. Do they use the same mags in 9mm as in .22 TCM? For that matter, wtf is .22 TCM? :D

Nevermind, found the info. It's a Para framed double stack using MecGar Para 38Super mags. .22 TCM is a .223 cut down to the size of a .45acp. Interesting.
/thread derail, sorry

Last Edited:
I have both a S&W and STI 1911s in 9mm. They are both great, however I've found that both these guns are really really finicky when it comes to magazines. My .45 1911s will work with any mag I throw at them, however the 9mm like only good quality mags. The one that came with the s&w is excellent, and the STI Is not so great. Spend a couple extra bucks on the mags and you will be much happier.

You could get the RIA in .22-TCM, and it comes with a 9mm barrel. Kind of like getting 2 guns in one. They are right around 600.

I just read the Handgunner test of this model, it's pretty interesting, but as good as the TCM round is, i really don't see it being adopted so much, and you can knock 200 off the price for just getting a regular 9mm from RIA.

RIA has a $50 rebate on 1911's if bought before Oct 15th. I have seen the gi 9mm for 299 on sale. The 22tcm/9mm is a double stack, wide body steel frame. Good mags are always the key.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top