JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We're packing up and heading out to spend the night either out by the beach or somewhere on Mt. Hood. I haven't found a 4Runner yet so we're taking the car, which means it has to be easily accessible. Everyone and their brother is camping this weekend, and we'd like to find somewhere that isn't absolutely packed. We were thinking maybe Clear Lake, Timothy Lake, or Frog Lake, but we're open to any suggestions you might have. Being able to shoot would be a huge bonus, but not required :s0155:

We're packing up and heading out to spend the night either out by the beach or somewhere on Mt. Hood. I haven't found a 4Runner yet so we're taking the car, which means it has to be easily accessible. Everyone and their brother is camping this weekend, and we'd like to find somewhere that isn't absolutely packed. We were thinking maybe Clear Lake, Timothy Lake, or Frog Lake, but we're open to any suggestions you might have. Being able to shoot would be a huge bonus, but not required :s0155:

The Olallie scenic area is always nice, I like Horseshoe Lake the best. I don't know about car access though, I have not been there in years. I have driven there in a '65 Mustang in the past. But that car has been places that a normal car would cringe at (Grandma used to take it Everywhere).

Horseshoe Lake |Opening 7/24/09 | $10/night per site,| 6 sites - 16 ft. max Toilet pumped 7/09.

Bring water.

5200 ft. elev

Access via Forest Road 4220

I always go to clear lake on mt hood, free if you drive around the lake and stay out of the campground by the dam. most cars will make it if you go slow over the bumps , but a truck is definatly better... Although i would imagine the fire restictions are already in effect with the heat wave we have. I also go to browns camp area alot. Usually go to lyda camp or even better is jordan creek, both are in the same trail system and right up the highway from browns camp. Dont think you can shoot anywhere besides the pit by browns tho, and last time I was there about 2 weeks ago there were signs up already for the fire restriction.

I always go to clear lake on mt hood, free if you drive around the lake and stay out of the campground by the dam. most cars will make it if you go slow over the bumps , but a truck is definatly better... Although i would imagine the fire restictions are already in effect with the heat wave we have. I also go to browns camp area alot. Usually go to lyda camp or even better is jordan creek, both are in the same trail system and right up the highway from browns camp. Dont think you can shoot anywhere besides the pit by browns tho, and last time I was there about 2 weeks ago there were signs up already for the fire restriction.

================================================

I go to Elk Creek camp ground every year, about 20 walk in sites, it's close to Browns gravel pit, and i can get there in about 40 minutes. I live @ Hwy 26 and Corneilius Pass.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top