Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where's the demand for car control, rope regulation?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The weekend’s mayhem in Venice Beach, coupled with a crazy car crash episode in Seattle and last week’s discussion of teen suicide in King County have highlighted the double standard applied to death by any means other than firearms.

No outcry over ?car violence? or ?rope regulation? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Question for Northwest Firearms members: Are you more or less dead when killed with a firearm than by another means?

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

There you go applying logic to the anti-gun debate. They aren't interested in safety, they are interested in creating a populace that can be ruled.

3. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

Clearly, only law enforcement and the military should be allowed to have cars.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  4. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

Well, if you ask a brainwashed idiot(generally a liberal, but hey, let's be fair) they will tell you that cars are necessary and the comparison isn't even funny. I'm not sure what world they live in that guns are not necessary, since when they are frightened by a loud noise the first thing the scared populace do is call men with guns(911) to save them. They also want men with guns stopping "terrorists" and other "bad guys".

From here on out, I suggest we propose exactly what Anti's try to push on us. You want to go to the store? Call a cab(someone trained to operate the vehicle). The idea that anyone that wants one can just go out and BUY a car is scary! Those things weigh 2,500 lbs. and fly down the road at over 100mph!

If you want an "assault vehicle"(SUV or any off road potential), you must join the National Guard. If you want something that is made only to kill(what else could something like that be for?) you can have one while serving in defense of our country.

I would then also ask the idiots to point out where the Constitutional protection of their right to drive is, while very clearly pointing to "Shall Not Be Infringed".

5. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

Hey Dave, the center photo on page 74 of this months Gun World, the one with you pulling up your pant leg in your ankle-carry article? Hot!

If the gun'ritin' thing doesn't work out, modeling could easily be a second career.

6. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

I'd be willing to give up my car. I mean, if it can save just one child, we have to try!!!!!!!

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Funny how vehicles that aren't designed for killing are so damn good at killing people, shouldn't that be higher on the priority list?

8. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood Clark County, WA Well-Known Member

He used the wrong type of vehicle. He should have used a Pete 379 for maximum carnage.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

C. A., it is a caliber of choice for the crazy car driver who wants to kill innocent people with a deadly weapon.

10. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I concur. My short-frame 379 thirsts for blood.

11. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, for sure. You are much more dead and stuff when killed by a gun. The length of time the body is stiff, how fast it decomposes and the smell is all different.

12. rapgood

rapgood Seattle, WA Member

And they're sooo EASY to get!

13. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

guns are gruesome because they leave little holes that leak when you get killed with one, having your brains splattered on the pavement by a car is just tragic. guns clearly make you more dead. i guess there's no sarcasm emote.

14. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Not only do guns kill your body....they kill your soul...then go into the after life and kill you there, its a shame really.

15. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Our Honda Odyssey weighs 4,400#'s empty and can go 125 mph before it hits the limits built into the electronics and it's a pretty common vehicle.
    Our MH weighs 32,000#'s and tops 100 mph. No special license required for it either. Oh yes, it'll do that towing the Odyssey too.

What are people thinking with all these deadly weapons running around loose!!

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    Defender of Freedom Award
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

bugster42 and (deleted member) like this.