JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
a few weeks ago while strapping into my board, a guy comes by with a backpack on and apparently it has speakers in it. He was blasting some kind of butt-rock. first thing I thought was how can he hear anyone (or anything) else?

i've skied for decades and just this season started snowboarding (daughter does it so I wanted to share the experience with her) and in all that time I never understood wearing music. Sliding down the mountain with so many others around you is fairly dangerous thing to do and not hearing what's going on just makes it that much more so.

eta: although in the case of the posted video, I'm sure the music saved her life. if she had known she was on the menu, she may have panicked and not off the dinner table as timely. :eek:

Last Edited:
:(I live in inner NE PDX, and if you think that canceling your hearing with ear pods while skiing or hiking (and it is) is dangerous, compare it in an urban jungle! These silly people just can't comprehend that there could could be any danger involved! Bad things happen to good, but stupid, people with stunning regularity! :(

Fake or not , I still see way too many folks "tuned in " to their electric device and paying no attention to what's happening around them.
Seems a shame to paying attention to something you can listen to anywhere , when you are in a beautiful wilderness setting.
Not to forget to mention it can be down right dangerous anywhere , due to cars , bad folks , unsafe sidewalk etc ...
In my mind one should always interact with the real world around us , not some made up virtual one ...
Andy

Fake.

Remember the guy and the bicycle? Where the bear was supposedly chasing him.

Pffffff

Update:

Snow Park in Japan. Locals say it's common to see aggressive bears chase people on the Mountian.

Video owner states it is true. (I still stand behind my post above) ^^^

:(I live in inner NE PDX, and if you think that canceling your hearing with ear pods while skiing or hiking (and it is) is dangerous, compare it in an urban jungle! These silly people just can't comprehend that there could could be any danger involved! Bad things happen to good, but stupid, people with stunning regularity! :(

Very true, people just don't realize what can happen.
http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2016/01/person_killed_by_freight_train.html

I personally knew the kid in the story, JP that was his nickname, he and my grandson were really good friends. He and my grandson had pretty much spent the whole weekend prior to JP's death, just hanging out. My grandson told me about him talking to JP about having in earbuds with the music too loud that very weekend; they were at JP's father's house and JP was doing the dishes while my grandson was playing some video game. My grandson tried to talk to JP about something, but JP couldn't hear him because the music was too loud. My grandson eventually threw something at JP to get his attention. After having to throw something at him, my grandson told him that he needed to turn his music down or something bad could happen, sadly three days later it did.

It still bothers me today that this kid lost his life because of something so stupid.

Ray

Sweet jesus she's so lucky.
If I was her, after reviewing the video I would have been mortified had that been me.
Thinking I was having a great day, all the while I could have been dead had I fallen just once. Simply amazing.
That bear was charging.. If this is in fact real she would have been dead had it caught her.

Ahhh the great outdoors, you just never know what kind of fun can happen. If only there was an invention that gave people a better chance at surviving encounters like this... Oh wait there is it's called a gun and I bet that if you handed her a Glock 20 and said this will help keep your insides inside she would carry it from that day forward. But often it takes tragedy before some people are willing to take that step.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top