JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've been on this need to go explore mostly because I love the outdoors and love the wilderness, the history, and the unknown.
The thought of being lost in the woods isn't scary to me but rather exciting. I was in a explorer post search and rescue group when I was young and caught the bug then.

And it was ignited again by the "strange things found in the woods" thread on here and on ifish.

With a baby, wife, job all those things in life that hold you back (in a good way) have been preventing me from doing so.

Any of you out there in this same boat? Or actually go explore this area?

Man I have the itch, and with being so stressed with work and life I need that release to get out and explore

I go on a week long backpacking trip once a year. That scratches the itch pretty good for me and by day four I would kill for a burger, a beer, a shower, and my own bed.

I've been through several caves in bend and used to love doing that.
My dad had an old forest service map from the 50s that had all the known caves at that time and my dad an I (few things he did with us) went around and would explore them. Scary and awesome.
One of my favorite hikes and outdoor places is hiking broken top. I try to do that for my bday every year

Tillamook state Forrest has been my exploration station lately. Been dining a lot of weekend overnight camp outs and pack packing trips up there. I plan a few bigger trips to for later this summer.

No kids here, so nothing too big holding me back other than finding someone that wants to come with. I usually go solo, but company is nice sometimes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top