JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well then synagogue or a non-demominational. Whatever pleases YOU.
Not a lot of synagogues outside of the major cities I am trying to avoid. Considering the number of attacks on Jewish communities by Marxists/BLM I feel lot of those communities have bulls-eye on them. Antifa/BLM just destroyed a large Holocaust memorial in Los Angeles in addition to attacking many businesses, spraypainting synagogues, Jewish markets, etc in Los Angeles and New York. It feels like Kristallnacht all over again with what I am seeing.

This is becoming too common in big liberal cities.. Black Supremacists shot up a Kosher supermarket, killing three Jewish people and a police officer because they claimed "They hate White Jews". It didn't make the news much and wasn't considered a big deal by the media or a hate crime.

This is a reason I don't want to be living in states run by Fascist liberal governments and that have large population of radicals..

Sadly, most Jewish communities in USA just keep to themselves. Outside of NYC, LA and Chicago, we don't have the kind of bonds and unity like Christian people do. Jews in other places just live the suburban lifestyle and keep to themselves like most suburbanites. And, I am not going to live in NYC, LA or Chicago right now just to be part of big community in a hot zone.

I respect Jesus as a Rabbi, not sure how that flows with some "Non-Denominational" Christians. I have no problem with any community that can accept me for who I am .. I never push my views on other people. Unfortunately, it seems most churches will demand you convert to Christianity.

It's not easy being a Jewish American refugee. A good number of my family were murdered by Nazis (grandma's village was exterminated in Belarus), pogroms and by Bolshevik Communists after the Czar was overthrown. It's pretty sad to see all the same crap happening all over again here in the USA.. A good number of my family members are Soviet refugees who fled Communist oppression in the 70s and 80s thanks to my grandmother helping them flee. Many moved to Los Angeles because that is where they were settled. But, I bet they are thinking of fleeing again, just like they did with the Soviet Union. I wish I could get in touch with them, but haven't talked to them in years and barely know many of them, anyway. I just met some at parties I attended many years ago. If I could get a hold of them I could convince them to pack their bags and join me in Tennessee..

Last Edited:
Not a lot of synagogues outside of the major cities I am trying to avoid. Considering the number of attacks on Jewish communities by Marxists/BLM I feel lot of those communities have bulls-eye on them. Antifa/BLM just destroyed a large Holocaust memorial in Los Angeles in addition to attacking many businesses, spraypainting synagogues, Jewish markets, etc in Los Angeles and New York. It feels like Kristallnacht all over again with what I am seeing.

This is becoming too common in big liberal cities.. Black Supremacists shot up a Kosher supermarket, killing three Jewish people and a police officer because they claimed "They hate White Jews". It didn't make the news much and wasn't considered a big deal by the media or a hate crime.

This is a reason I don't want to be living in states run by Fascist liberal governments and that have large population of radicals..

Sadly, most Jewish communities in USA just keep to themselves. Outside of NYC, LA and Chicago, we don't have the kind of bonds and unity like Christian people do. Jews in other places just live the suburban lifestyle and keep to themselves like most suburbanites. And, I am not going to live in NYC, LA or Chicago right now just to be part of big community in a hot zone.

I respect Jesus as a Rabbi, not sure how that flows with some "Non-Denominational" Christians. I have no problem with any community that can accept me for who I am .. I never push my views on other people. Unfortunately, it seems most churches will demand you convert to Christianity.

It's not easy being a Jewish American refugee. A good number of my family were murdered by Nazis (grandma's village was exterminated in Belarus), pogroms and by Bolshevik Communists after the Czar was overthrown. It's pretty sad to see all the same crap happening all over again here in the USA.. A good number of my family members are Soviet refugees who fled Communist oppression in the 70s and 80s thanks to my grandmother helping them flee. Many moved to Los Angeles because that is where they were settled. But, I bet they are thinking of fleeing again, just like they did with the Soviet Union. I wish I could get in touch with them, but haven't talked to them in years and barely know many of them, anyway. I just met some at parties I attended many years ago. If I could get a hold of them I could convince them to pack their bags and join me in Tennessee..

It's up to you. Do something. Or don't.

Did you earn money today, or try to?

Did you pack up?

Etc.

Not judging, by any means.

However, as I wrote above. It's all up to you.

Los Angeles may be many things but it is most definitely NOT like the Soviet Union! LOL

It's up to you. Do something. Or don't.

Did you earn money today, or try to?

Did you pack up?

Etc.

Not judging, by any means.

However, as I wrote above. It's all up to you.
Spending long hours studying various software technology as we speak.. It's been a long journey. That's my best hope of making a big salary.. I also wrote a large email software system and API that will be integrating with our EHR system before I walked away from the business. I will be getting a residual income of $1200/mo.. Taking out a loan and have a little savings.. I do have a plan. It may work, it may not, but I will do my best..

Assuming we don't have outright economic collapse in the next year or two, I should be able to ride it out. If our country goes to hell in a few months, well I may be screwed. That's life.. Ask my relatives ..LOL

I will be packing up the little possessions I have left. I have until September 1st to be out. Planning on getting rid of most of what I have and being very, very lightweight.. I've been through some hard times in my life, so this is just feeling all too familiar to me..

Seeing a lot of decent apartments for like $500 or $600/mo in JOhnson City and it has one of lower crime rates in the state. My job prospects will be low, but at this point, with all corporate offices closed all over the country I may just be wasting money moving to a big city expecting to get a local IT job anyway. Just hoping I can get a part-time job in factory, Ubering or something to make ends meet if I start to get financially squeezed a year down the line and hoping to avoid getting into debt.

I agree nobody is going to help you out but yourself.. That is one reason why I am gauging the best place I can ride out this craziness on my meager income..

Los Angeles may be many things but it is most definitely NOT like the Soviet Union! LOL

Not yet... And I hope it never becomes that bad. But, they don't call the state "Commiefornia" for nothing.

Not everyone who votes Dem is a looney...I like to remind people of that sometimes. Remember...if there were only one political party in America, they would call us Russia.

Not only that, but we own guns too. Beyond that, we also believe in prepping for hard times. I must be a rarity. I usually vote Dem or independent, I own guns and know how to use them, and I am fairly well prepared for an economic collapse or a natural disaster.

As it happens, I am moving out of Washington state next year for good. My choice was NW Arizona, to a town on the Colorado River. Cheap homes, less tax, gun laws pretty sensible. And generally you can see the bad guys coming from a distance. Always a plus.
Cept you vote for anti gun politicians and marxist policies when you vote Democrat,, Sorry big guy.

It's not Coeur d'Alene by any means , but Johnson City may be my next destination, might be headed out there next week. Appalachian mountains just seem to be where you go if you are wanting to survive on the East Coast. I'd say New Hampshire is a good state too (politically and scenery wise), but damn I don't want to live in any place with 8 months of winter. Maine and Vermont have sketchy politics, although Maine might be a step up. Still very crappy weather.. Lonnnng winters. Great scenery.. One benefit of a place like Maine is having those North Atlantic waters accessible. The North Atlantic water probably has highest quality seafood you can ask for and much cleaner waters than the Pacific Ocean that is polluted with Chinese garbage, Fukushima radiation, mercury and other junk.

I am thinking I am probably going to stay in Tennessee because I like the fact I am in a conservative state with about as conservative of a Governor as you can get. I am starting to hear the super liberal Governor of Kentucky (who won by like 50,000 votes, some claim there was fraud) is talking about wanting to lock down whole state and put people in jail who refuse to wear masks. He also has a tribute to Hillary Clinton (sorry if you like her) on his Twitter and other social media page. It spooks me due to her vehemently "anti-gun" stance (among many other things) and he supports Red Flag laws and claims he doesn't support an AWB, but so did the lying liberal Governor of North Carolina before he was elected. Like many Democrats he had a "Change of Heart" after a mass shooting. I like how affordable Kentucky looks and it reminds me a lot of Oregon (although with hotter summers and colder winters, but most of year is moderate).

Anyhow, I am thinking I will be headed to Tri-Cities, Knoxville or Chattanooga. It seems like a decent place for a person on the Eastern seaboard to go to survive. That being said, if anybody in Pacific Northwest feels the need to flee to a place with more freedom but still can remind them of home with greenery, mountains and fairly laid back people, I think Knoxville, Tri-Cities and Chattanooga are good bets. You can buy really nice land in Johnson City for pennies what you can get in Oregon or even North Idaho.

Might even consider buying a place if I can find a cheap trailer out in the mountains.. What better place to live? Just saw a rental 30 miles east of Knoxville that had a yard, place where I could grow a garden and was right near giant lake. The rent was $650 for a 900 sq ft house.. And, Knoxville does have a few jobs available too. Not that I think it's any great economy. Seemed like the ideal place.

Anyway, I think I know where I will be staying throughout the Economic Collapse and chaos we may end up experiencing. Like I say, when you are a native to the Northwest you feel like a fish out of water. No place feels quite like home. I guess Tennessee is the best option I can see for me at this point . But, I am kind of thinking it is a good place for others too.

It kind of reminds me a little of an even older version of Ashland, Oregon (my hometown) from the backdrop.. The Autumns are pretty spectacular. One nice thing about Johnson City is it is up the elevation a bit so the summers are a bit more mild and not quite as long. Also , no tornadoes up in the Appalachians. The winters are a little more than Nashville, but really still pretty mild. Only 11 inches of snow a year.
JOHNSON-CITY-HEADER.jpg

It's not Coeur d'Alene by any means , but Johnson City may be my next destination, might be headed out there next week. Appalachian mountains just seem to be where you go if you are wanting to survive on the East Coast. I'd say New Hampshire is a good state too (politically and scenery wise), but damn I don't want to live in any place with 8 months of winter. Maine and Vermont have sketchy politics, although Maine might be a step up. Still very crappy weather.. Lonnnng winters. Great scenery.. One benefit of a place like Maine is having those North Atlantic waters accessible. The North Atlantic water probably has highest quality seafood you can ask for and much cleaner waters than the Pacific Ocean that is polluted with Chinese garbage, Fukushima radiation, mercury and other junk.

I am thinking I am probably going to stay in Tennessee because I like the fact I am in a conservative state with about as conservative of a Governor as you can get. I am starting to hear the super liberal Governor of Kentucky (who won by like 50,000 votes, some claim there was fraud) is talking about wanting to lock down whole state and put people in jail who refuse to wear masks. He also has a tribute to Hillary Clinton (sorry if you like her) on his Twitter and other social media page. It spooks me due to her vehemently "anti-gun" stance (among many other things) and he supports Red Flag laws and claims he doesn't support an AWB, but so did the lying liberal Governor of North Carolina before he was elected. Like many Democrats he had a "Change of Heart" after a mass shooting. I like how affordable Kentucky looks and it reminds me a lot of Oregon (although with hotter summers and colder winters, but most of year is moderate).

Anyhow, I am thinking I will be headed to Tri-Cities, Knoxville or Chattanooga. It seems like a decent place for a person on the Eastern seaboard to go to survive. That being said, if anybody in Pacific Northwest feels the need to flee to a place with more freedom but still can remind them of home with greenery, mountains and fairly laid back people, I think Knoxville, Tri-Cities and Chattanooga are good bets. You can buy really nice land in Johnson City for pennies what you can get in Oregon or even North Idaho.

Might even consider buying a place if I can find a cheap trailer out in the mountains.. What better place to live? Just saw a rental 30 miles east of Knoxville that had a yard, place where I could grow a garden and was right near giant lake. The rent was $650 for a 900 sq ft house.. And, Knoxville does have a few jobs available too. Not that I think it's any great economy. Seemed like the ideal place.

Anyway, I think I know where I will be staying throughout the Economic Collapse and chaos we may end up experiencing. Like I say, when you are a native to the Northwest you feel like a fish out of water. No place feels quite like home. I guess Tennessee is the best option I can see for me at this point . But, I am kind of thinking it is a good place for others too.

It kind of reminds me a little of an even older version of Ashland, Oregon (my hometown) from the backdrop.. The Autumns are pretty spectacular. One nice thing about Johnson City is it is up the elevation a bit so the summers are a bit more mild and not quite as long. Also , no tornadoes up in the Appalachians. The winters are a little more than Nashville, but really still pretty mild. Only 11 inches of snow a year.
View attachment 719885

I live in N Idaho. If you show up to the party after SHTF you will almost certainly Not be welcomed with open arms. Towns off the highways will have check points and 24-7 guard duty. Northern Idaho also has a staggering amount of veterans, myself included. Communities here will come together, trade with each other and help eachother out. So unless you have legit family in the area, are a Dr and can prove it, or a Veteran you best not even bother coming here. You'll be met with at least some level of hostility at the gate and the entire town will be armed. Guns here are a way of life, everyone has guns.
I hear Oregon and central and northern WA are good places to go with even more huge forrested areas and water... if you are in a big city, if you arent among the first to leave, you should wait and ride it out for a couple weeks if possible. By then the unrest wont be as wide spread. Avoid major highways, of possible highways all together. Keep cash, barterable useful items and or some silver and gold to maybe buy gas along the way. Ideally you'll have enough stored gas to fill your tank and have enough to get to your destination plus 25ish% to account for road obstructions and going out of your way around town, running the heat alil at night ect. Wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable walking shoes, you may have to abandon the rig if you run out of gas or break down. Try to have a earth tone decent backpack to hokd your water, food, extra socks, water filter or tabs, clothing layers, bubblegumpaper ect. Dont use flashlights at night, camp at least 100 hards from the road with concealment, dont have a fire unless highly necessary even then keep it small maybe even use the "dakota fire pit " method or carry a iso butane stove the blue flaims from the stove arent seen from far and create no smoke. Its best to have a prior agreement and understanding with the residence of where your headed, share planned routes with them, store extra boots clothes and supplys there. GOOD LUCK

To the OP, we moved to the Panhandle area a few years back from White House (just north of Nashville) I wouldn't recommend it to anyone thinking they are going to get away or ride out anything! The Panhandle is sandwiched between two states and Canada and highly affected by those areas and tourists! Also anyone thinking about it better absolutely love winter, all the other seasons are great but winter is by far the longest...
Keep in mind that pretty much anything you are reading about some place being the place to go is probably an advertisement paid for by the Chamber of Commerce.

We'll ride out any woes at our new home. Leaving Oregon in 22 days, should be home in Texas by 05 August. We'll be 45 minutes or so out of Houston, and 10 minutes outside a town of 2200. I think we'll be alright down there short of a storm worse than Harvey. Economic down turn? Probably going to suck regardless of where we go, but we're going to have acreage, I plan on planting a garden and having livestock.

re. "However, the South just has a lot more violent crime than the Northwest even in some smaller towns; although, not necessary as many burglaries. "

Not down here on the Coast in Mississippi my friend. We have hardly any violent crime or strong arm robberies. We have small stuff stolen once in a while, bikes, items in cars that are left unlocked, etc. but everything is quiet down here. You have to keep driving until you see the Gulf of Mexico, then you are in friendly territory. If you want peace and the American way, come on down. Any state capital is a cesspool of liberalism though even ours.

Depending on how bad of a collapse we are talking, not sure imaginary lines on a map will have much meaning any more.

:s0155:

Political powers that be will always be around. But yes, if it is so bad that the gov is not a consideration, the more important consideration (besides shelter, food, water) is proximity to population centers (and maybe barriers - such as mountains/etc.) and the mindset of the locals/neighbors.

Where I currently am is too close to Portland, but it was a compromise while I was working in Portland. Further out where I want to be now, would have made my commute an intolerable 2 hours each way but would be far enough now that it would be a much better location should "zombies" decide to evacuate from Portland - especially since the land just outside the Portland metro growth boundaries is very agricultural and somewhat less so as you get out where I want to be. My bet is that the "zombies" would raid the farms closest to Portland.

I wont go anywhere unless it's to combine resources, can't defend a house alone but I know a couple of people that I can trust. If one of us gets burned out we'd likely have room/resources to absorb another into a household. Maybe even team up in ONE household and abandon others if needed.

Wow. This got long....
Don't bother moving to Alaska to "ride it out". After 52 years we are getting out. If you think you can survive here on fish and game you are sadly mistaken. Far more game in the lower 48 states! Plus, you can grow livestock much more easily there where it is warmer and feed is easier to grow. We have been able to keep moose and garden stuff in the freezer and have always lived on that, but if you think that will last if SHTF you are mistaken. First off, you have to keep the freezer going. You can put the moose up in cans, but that is kind of impractical and not very tasty for general living. That's a lot of cans.
The growing season is incredibly short. It's great if you like cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower, but you can't can them. They freeze well, but that means depending on a source of electricity. Potatoes are easy and you can store them and cabbages, turnips and carrots in a root cellar. But that has to be at least 8-10 feet into the ground and still needs heat on occasion or it freezes (we had one). You want 'Maters and corn you are going to have to work for it and have a greenhouse, and a way to heat it from about March to the end of May, it can frost into the first week of June. My yard generally has at least a foot of snow in it in April. Beans can be grown in a good year. And all this assumes that the out of season moose doesn't come eat every bit of it in one night! I am talking about South Central, it gets worse as you go North, except that Fairbanks tends to have hotter summers (and way colder winters).
It's pretty rare the years we have any small game populations that are going to sustain you. Hare and grouse tend to be very low more often than not. You have to travel a long way for them around here. We haven't shot a rabbit or a grouse in 10 years. If things really went to hell there wouldn't be a single moose left standing anywhere you could get to.
If you can eat fish every day you can get a lot and can them, but only if you can get to a place where you are allowed to catch more than 2 or 3. We quit fishing years ago, if there is a fish there, there are 1000 people there, too. You can get a lot of hooligan if you are in the right place at the right time. But if you don't have a plane or boat, one again you are elbow to elbow with people fighting for the resource, and that's when it's just recreational! Imagine if those people were trying to get their winter's food supply? Guns would be drawn for sure.
From here, if you want moose you drive 100 miles North. You want fish it could be 200 miles South, or North depending on where you go. The runs in the Susitna have been poor for a long time and regulations are pretty tight.
When the supply chain burps, like the last big quake we had, or even the covid thing, the shelves empty pretty quick and stay that way. Everything is trucked and flown here and when the trucks stop, NOTHING is coming here and you can't go find any. At least down there you can move around to find stuff.
Then there are the looooong, dark and cold winters. Snow can start anywhere from September to October.
I grew up here. It's been fun, it's been beautiful, but it isn't like it used to be. Every road is crawling with people, the accessable fish and game resources are stretched to the limit, lots of stuff already closed for fishing this year. We have basically 3 roads. You can go to Fairbanks, Homer, Valdez and Seward. We don't have the logging roads that go all over the national forests and we have so much swamp you can't just take off driving cross country most places. Plus the King owns most of the forest now anyway. There is just not many places you can go off the road system. And guess what? Everyone else is there, too. For being such a big state, everyone is crammed into a tiny part of it.
Maybe a young person can scratch a hole in the woods and enjoy living off grid and make a go of it, but we aren't young anymore. With a lot of dedication it can be done, but if you need anything from the supply chain we are way more vulnerable up here.
And don't get me started on the Methican American situation up here. Crime and vagrancy in the populated areas is getting real bad. Don't think living out in the bush will protect you either! They go out remote (on stolen wheelers and snowmachines) and raid cabins too. Or they will set up camp in them and destroy everything. Crime is no better there I am sure, but at least the weather will be better! Looking at Northern Idaho from Sandpoint to St Maries. Preferably below the river north. Not interested in more snow. And yes, we have family there and we know the area well.

Mountains, , water, bridges or whatever maybe they help, maybe not. One of the things we've come to realize is that the hippies didn't go away, they just showered, changed their clothes and moved to the panhandle of Idaho... Pick your city here now and it's them, their kids (who are adults now), grandkids and the people that have moved here.
If you weren't here 5+ years ago and had a head start on property and a house good luck! You'll need it! Unless you are one of those people selling some high dollar home in a wrecked state and rolling in here with cash to carelessly buy your dream property it probably won't happen for you.

Mountains, , water, bridges or whatever maybe they help, maybe not. One of the things we've come to realize is that the hippies didn't go away, they just showered, changed their clothes and moved to the panhandle of Idaho... Pick your city here now and it's them, their kids (who are adults now), grandkids and the people that have moved here.
If you weren't here 5+ years ago and had a head start on property and a house good luck! You'll need it! Unless you are one of those people selling some high dollar home in a wrecked state and rolling in here with cash to carelessly buy your dream property it probably won't happen for you.
Unfortunately we have been planning to move for a couple years, after the old man retired (last year). If we had bought a place when Obama was in office it would have cost half as much as it does now, but then we would have had the crapshoot of having to rent it out until we moved. I have been looking at property for 2 years now and if it is even remotely reasonable and in a decent area it's gone before we can blink, and it's really hard to plunk down that much money on something sight unseen. If we wanted to live in the deliverance zone land is still somewhat buyable, but everything else, ouch!

Another thing that is really crazy here is the food stamp/debit card thing! Almost as a rule in a Sandpoint grocery store the person in front of you will be using one... You notice it a lot when people have their stuff separated on the belt, the groceries and then the Monsters, beer and other stuff that they pay for separately. Today it was a guy with a benefit card from Arizona. Paid vacation I guess? Tax dollars hard at work? Not to worry though their is a soup kitchen around every corner in town.

I'm at the coffee shop now and this is the license plate lineup
CO
ID
WA
ID
CA
OR
CA
ID
WA
Edit: Two from NY and a NV on the street.

Really surprised there isn't a Texas in there but you do the math...

Last Edited:
To the OP, we moved to the Panhandle area a few years back from White House (just north of Nashville) I wouldn't recommend it to anyone thinking they are going to get away or ride out anything! The Panhandle is sandwiched between two states and Canada and highly affected by those areas and tourists! Also anyone thinking about it better absolutely love winter, all the other seasons are great but winter is by far the longest...
Keep in mind that pretty much anything you are reading about some place being the place to go is probably an advertisement paid for by the Chamber of Commerce.
Hey Streamer, We traded places.. Hahah.. I live right in the Mt. Juliet/Lebanon area.. I know where White House is and it's not far from me. Wow, you do make some good points about North Idaho. Yeah, I am not so happy what has become of it and how it is surrounded by unfriendly territory. Even Montana seems to be going Blue, although maybe that will change. But with all the liberals moving there and trying to transform its politics into another nanny socialist state I do worry about its future. I lived in Pullman for a few years and I remember how bad the winters were there and I remember COeur d'Alene's were even worse. So that says something. Yeah, I guess the only thing I can say is it's probably better than the Upper Midwest and that's it. North Idaho is very cold. Some of the wealthy retirees do good, but there are those who want to bring California, Chicago or New York politics to where they are going. I was shocked at how many liberal Californians I met in Boise who were so angry about Idaho's gun laws. Like why not just stay down there where you were safer? Of course, there were many conservative and freedom minded Californians I met who came to Idaho for the right reasons. But, I fear the cities are just magnets for ultra leftists. They love promoting the image of free-thought, reducing people's freedom and increasing the power and regulatory nature of governments. It's the cancer that ruined Oregon and Washington and why I left the Northwest.

Tennessee has pretty moderate weather when there is not deadly tornadoes trying to kill you. I was hit (came close to the death zone) by that EF-4 that went through Lebanon. But, overall, the weather here is good and it as much or even more green and lush than the Northwest. Even the Summers are green and it rains year round. The mountains of Tennessee to me could be a great refuge. In addition to having a community that farms and seems to kind of look out for each other , you have affordable land that has good agriculture potential. The weather is moderate and the mountains are shielded from the extremes in weather you have in the lower elevation parts of the state. One thing I like about Tennessee is just how many farms there are.. The place has farms galore. THere are people raising cows, chickens , goats and other animals all around me. I am pretty broke because I Lost my job, but even I think I can maybe afford some trailer up in mountains. Living in the rural Oregon Coast for years I am use to some pretty backwoodsy people, so it isn't my main concern. Not that anyhwere is totally safe. I am thinking I may try to see what I can afford near Knoxville, but may also look at Tri-Cities. Not sure how much it costs to get away from the ghetto parts of Chattanooga, that city does have some serious crime problems. But, the countryside and nature around it is spectacular.

re. "However, the South just has a lot more violent crime than the Northwest even in some smaller towns; although, not necessary as many burglaries. "

Not down here on the Coast in Mississippi my friend. We have hardly any violent crime or strong arm robberies. We have small stuff stolen once in a while, bikes, items in cars that are left unlocked, etc. but everything is quiet down here. You have to keep driving until you see the Gulf of Mexico, then you are in friendly territory. If you want peace and the American way, come on down. Any state capital is a cesspool of liberalism though even ours.
Sledge, I never been to Mississippi. Are you from Biloxi area? I bet Mississippi Gulf Coast is very nice and hope to go down and visit it. I also like year round warm weather and I bet Southern Mississippi stays pretty warm year round, unlike Tennessee which gets damn cold (for my wimpy a**; I hate cold weather). Although , still mild compared to NOrth of me. The only issue I would have with living on Gulf Coast of MS is those giant F5 Hurricanes you seem to come through there time to time and wreck havoc.

@Alaska

Sad news about Alaska, Alaska.. It is a place I always yearned to go, but for a visit. To me, even during the best of times, Alaska would be a damn hard place to survive, just with the weather and darkness alone. Yeah, I certainly would not want to be stuck anywhere near the Tundra during a period of Economic collapse. I am shocked to hear how crowded ALaska has gotten. To me ,, the whole point of being in Alaska is to get away from the crowds? :s0092:

One thing I will say about rural Montana and even rural Southern Idaho (Sawtooth Mountains) is you can have beautiful hiking trails all to yourself on the best of days.. You just have to get away from the tourist circuits. If it wasn't for how remove it is and how rough the winters are, I'd say a place like Stanley could be real nice. But anyplace that can hit -50F is not the best bet for survival. Alaska would be included there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top