JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was probably here:

apg_1533580060.jpg

Or here:

C+Independence%2C+OR+97351&size=665x441&client=gme-redfin&signature=HOdS45SMK6IYy-Zufj_njpFsrRQ=.jpg

I was swinging a hammer at Lake Tahoe. Hand nailing cedar shake by the square. The steeper the pitch the more $$$ per square. In all my years I only really fell once. It was in Incline Village.

Thought this was a thread about the Mount Saint Helens eruption. May 18th, 1980.

Was at the Fossil Bowl Motocross track in Clarkia, ID.

My cousin raced and I was helping do pit work.

We were loading up the van when we saw the black cloud first appear over the mountains. Thought it was a heck of a thunderstorm coming.

Was halfway back to Moscow when it turned black as night and ash started falling. Long before the internet or cell phones. Had to rely on AM radio to hear that the mountain blew.

Watching St Helens get ready to blow while Harry Truman and all his cats claimed it wouldn't

And waiting for my daughter to be born on the 30th

At the time I was 13, in the USSR - probably riding my bike; or fishing at the local creek; or shooting homemade muzzleloader; or sunbathing on my parents' house roof with a jar of fruit punch and reading Jack London, or Ray Bradbury, or Isaac Asimov, or Robert Heinlein.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads