JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get that Americas different but I dont think its a stretch to say that EU self defense laws are not the blueprint for where we are heading.
Sadly it is all up to the voters. 10 years ago I would have never believed we would let it get this bad. It will not happen over night but, the people who want total control of everyone has made some amazing strides in getting what they want.

Agreed. But England also isn't America and Americans aren't as agreeable to government control. We have the Bill of Rights, and many are willing to die to protect it.
This great Hoax seems to be proving that a scary large percentage of the people who live here are lining up to give up all rights when told to. Makes me wonder how many are still willing to just not lay down and be walked on. :(

This great Hoax seems to be proving that a scary large percentage of the people who live here are lining up to give up all rights when told to. Makes me wonder how many are still willing to just not lay down and be walked on. :(
Can anybody point to a recent example of where the citizens stood up in arms and defeated the perpetrators of such tyranny?

Can anybody point to a recent example of where the citizens stood up in arms and defeated the perpetrators of such tyranny?
That is not going to happen. When you can't even get people to cast a vote, and they will lower their head and let the law makers close their business with no whimper, then vote for the people who did that? Those are not people who are going to fight. Its totally not needed anyway. All that is needed is for people to start kicking lawmaker to the curb. Would not take very many and you would see a sudden 180 turn in the ones left. People are just too comfortable and ignorant. They do not want to hear the truth because as far as they are concerned it's fine for them. If someone did "take up arms" they would be crushed in seconds. Then the press would go wall to wall calling them scary kooks. Most would read it and agree as they shuffle off to the work again. We have people attacking people they see not wearing a mask outside.

Like the Battle of Athens, Tennessee in 1946? There was a thread on that a few days ago.
Or, the Bundy Ranch a few years ago?
Or, USA 1776?

1776 would apply and most people don't seem to have the same grit these days. After seeing what happened at the capitol recently, I have a hard time imagining that 1776 part 2 is going to happen successfully anytime soon.

It can happen. And it will in some form or another. I know it seems many of you doubt that, but there ARE Patriots that would rather fight then be enslaved.

That is not going to happen. When you can't even get people to cast a vote, and they will lower their head and let the law makers close their business with no whimper, then vote for the people who did that? Those are not people who are going to fight. Its totally not needed anyway. All that is needed is for people to start kicking lawmaker to the curb. Would not take very many and you would see a sudden 180 turn in the ones left. People are just too comfortable and ignorant. They do not want to hear the truth because as far as they are concerned it's fine for them. If someone did "take up arms" they would be crushed in seconds. Then the press would go wall to wall calling them scary kooks. Most would read it and agree as they shuffle off to the work again. We have people attacking people they see not wearing a mask outside.
Unfortunately you're right. People are willing to give up freedom for "safety" .........but if enough of true patriots stand and make it costly for the govt or police to try and take our guns..... others may follow. I wish I was optimistic that will happen...I'm not.

A person could read 24/7/365 from birth to death and not even begin to scratch the surface of all the laws, ordinances, zoning requirements, rules & regulations from all of the various government agencies, emergency orders, court decisions, building codes, executive orders, tax codes, etc that already exist, let alone keep up with new ones being created. If that isn't enslavement I don't know what is.

Last Edited:
Unfortunately you're right. People are willing to give up freedom for "safety" .........but if enough of true patriots stand and make it costly for the govt or police to try and take our guns..... others may follow. I wish I was optimistic that will happen...I'm not.
Just a few years ago I also thought we were safe. Then I watched this great Hoax and the masses that lined up to accept it. Then voted for more of it. Sure I'm supposed to believe patriots are going to stop this. I'm sure they will run down to the store that stopped selling gun's to 20 year olds,who the patriots thought should not have a gun,and really take a stand. People are sounding like some kind of comedy skit more and more.

Last Edited:
Just a few years ago I also thought we were safe. Then I watched this great Hoax and the masses that lined up to accept it. Then voted for more of it. Sure I'm supposed to believe patriots are going to stop this. I'm sure they will run down to the store that stopped selling gun's to 20 year olds,who the patriots thought should not have a gun,and really take a stand. People are sounding like some kind of comedy skit more and more.
As much as I despise Antifa/BLM they have been very active and dare I say succesful in achieving their goals of defunding police if by no other means then sapping police resources by staging endless chaos. I believe they also helped Biden win. The Capitol Patriots (bless their hearts) managed to achieve little except to gain the ire of both major parties. While Antifa seems to continue the chaos nearly unrestrained the capitol patriots are being hunted down one by one with few other patriots going to bat for them. The few Antifa/BLM types who do get arrested are quickly bailed out and celebrated as heros among their own. The capitol patriots are looked on by many as fools. The real Patriots are going to need a better support base before they get active.

Edit: These antifa types are more organized than many believe:

2A supporters would likely benefit from more engagment with the masses. The group of citizens in the middle are the ones who are going to decide whether the LEVO IPs pass or not.

Last Edited:
I was waiting for the plot twist in the email, stating that's it's false... but the twist was that it's true. Kind of like how I'm waiting for all this bs woke, peaceful protesting, force their feelings and beliefs down everyone's throats (gonna stop ranting here lol) to be false, but... this is reality now. I'm constantly wondering how we got here.

Anyway, I quite enjoy this meme I recently found. It seems appropriate here in this thread; although, the intention was for the opposite thing... it's interesting to see it work both ways:
177217887_2233167583485869_4384751742915097987_n.jpg

-Robert

As much as I despise Antifa/BLM they have been very active and dare I say succesful in achieving their goals of defunding police if by no other means then sapping police resources by staging endless chaos. I believe they also helped Biden win. The Capitol Patriots (bless their hearts) managed to achieve little except to gain the ire of both major parties. While Antifa seems to continue the chaos nearly unrestrained the capitol patriots are being hunted down one by one with few other patriots going to bat for them. The few Antifa/BLM types who do get arrested are quickly bailed out and celebrated as heros among their own. The capitol patriots are looked on by many as fools. The real Patriots are going to need a better support base before they get active.

Edit: These antifa types are more organized than many believe:

2A supporters would likely benefit from more engagment with the masses. The group of citizens in the middle are the ones who are going to decide whether the LEVO IPs pass or not.
They have some BIG money behind them because they are useful idiots. History is no longer taught of course so the useful idiots have no clue. It's there if they ever wanted to see what's in for them. Every time a top down state is achieved 99% of the people who fought for it quickly find out why it has to be enforced at gun point. Of course by then it's too late to do anything. :s0092:

I was waiting for the plot twist in the email, stating that's it's false... but the twist was that it's true. Kind of like how I'm waiting for all this bs woke, peaceful protesting, force their feelings and beliefs down everyone's throats (gonna stop ranting here lol) to be false, but... this is reality now. I'm constantly wondering how we got here.

Anyway, I quite enjoy this meme I recently found. It seems appropriate here in this thread; although, the intention was for the opposite thing... it's interesting to see it work both ways:
View attachment 876685

-Robert
East Germany (and I am sure many other top down states) were able to last because they got about 1/3 of the population to turn each other in. History just keeps repeating its self. The "mask police" is a prime example. People have formed a cult of believers in this. Instill some fear and look at what people will do. Now you have people who are fully vaccinated, with a vaccine they tell you is working, yet they run around in a mask and will attack anyone they see OUTSIDE not wearing one. Wonder if these are the "patriots" I am supposed to be waiting for? :s0140::s0054:

I believe a healthy concept to remember is that we are all uniquely human and react to messages differently. For the OP @clearconscience it obviously had an effective reaction. For others, they might be mildly offended (likely a better word choice) or turned off by this type of message. As an instructor, facilitator, communicator, I've learned that you need to be able to say something about five different ways to effectively reach an audience. It's not right verses wrong, it is just what resonates with each individual.

People are just too comfortable and ignorant.
Yes, this. Those of us how are passionate about freedoms and liberty are vastly outnumbered by people who want to stop by Dutch Bros. on their way to work, put in their eight hours, crack a beer or glass of wine when they get home and watch TV or scroll FB. Choosing not to be ignorant comes with the added "stress" of a call to action (about a myriad of issues).
We are chest deep in enslavement already, maybe we are waiting for it to reach our necks.
Agree, but nose deep, as in where the top of the useless mask sits.

So he broke the law and we're supposed to feel sorry for him?

It's a bad situation, but he made his choice knowing what the consequences would likely be.
Are you serious?

It was illegal for people to hide Jews in Nazi Germany. It was illegal for Jews and members of some other groups to not turn themselves in and allow themselves to be taking to concentration camps to be starved and murdered too. Should we NOT feel sorry for them?

What the law wanted to have happen is for you to never have heard of this guy. He should have just allowed the intruders into his home to murder him or beat him so badly he became permanently disabled. Then the criminals could carry on and do the same to a few more people before being caught. That is the world the UK wants to live in.

Sorry, but when a law forces one to accept death rather than to defend oneself against multiple violent unprovoked attackers in your own home with the only weapon that allows you to do so effectively, then the law is in fact illegal and we should feel sorry for people who have to live in such circumstances, and who chooses life and health over obeying an unjustifiable law.

Are you serious?

It was illegal for people to hide Jews in Nazi Germany. It was illegal for Jews and members of some other groups to not turn themselves in and allow themselves to be taking to concentration camps to be starved and murdered too. Should we NOT feel sorry for them?

What the law wanted to have happen is for you to never have heard of this guy. He should have just allowed the intruders into his home to murder him or beat him so badly he became permanently disabled. Then the criminals could carry on and do the same to a few more people before being caught. That is the world the UK wants to live in.

Sorry, but when a law forces one to accept death rather than to defend oneself against multiple violent unprovoked attackers in your own home with the only weapon that allows you to do so effectively, then the law is in fact illegal and we should feel sorry for people who have to live in such circumstances, and who chooses life and health over obeying an unjustifiable law.
This is the problem when people cut one small part out of a post then go off on a rant like this. The original was a guy who had a gun he knew was illegal that he used. If you choose to keep a gun you know they have made illegal, when you have legal choices, you made your choice. Comparing this to hiding Jews? As if there was a legal way to hide Jews so those who got in trouble were choosing the illegal method to hide them? Sure.
We are a LONG way from them doing like the UK where it's almost impossible to own a gun. We are well on the way to it since so many gun owners vote for more laws but, for now we have a choice. If people have a choice, and they choose to buy or use a gun they know has been made illegal because they do not want to use one they can legally own? They made a choice. A LOT of people play fast and loose with NFA laws. Most get away with it. Now and then one gets caught and they pay the price.

Are you serious?

It's almost inevitable these days, in any discussion of gun rights, gun laws, any rights or any laws, that Godwin's Law is validated.

To compare the OP's scenario with the Nazi's extermination campaign against the Jews (and many other groups) is a non-starter, for sure.

While I'm onboard with the OP's essay, and as concerned as everyone else here with regard to the injustice of the UK's firearms laws, and the possibility of this great nation following the same path, to use as an example one regime's efforts to extinguish an entire race is nowhere near the same as one nation's misguided and unjust laws regarding tools of self-defense.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top