JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For all those who wonder what the NRA was doing during the I594 fight please read this reply I received after I "took them to the mat" over I594:

My e-mail to them:

"I, along with countless other Washingtonians are very displeased with the NRA's lack of effort in this major battle to stifle our 2A rights. I am a Life Member and YOU have broken a trust between the good honest NRA members. I wonder if the reason was since we are a liberal state, that it was not in "OUR BEST INTEREST" to intervene since we cannot out spend Bloomberg. We deserve a real apology!!! If there is a way to rekindle the injustice caused then I seriously suggest it is to be done "POST HASTE"!!!!
L.M. Caveman Jim "

The reply:

Mr. Caveman Jim,

Thank you for contacting the NRA-ILA regarding Initiative 594 in Washington State.

The NRA strongly opposed I-594, a comprehensive and very well-funded attempt to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners in Washington State. While we were disappointed that a majority of Washington voters decided to vote in favor of I-594, NRA was very actively involved in defeating the measure:
  • NRA spent more than $500,000 on the campaign to defeat I-594.
  • NRA formed a separate political action committee (PAC) -- National Rifle Association of America Washingtonians Opposed to 594 -- to defeat I-594.
  • NRA launched a website --Vote No 594 -- specifically to defeat I-594.
  • NRA led the outreach effort to Washington law enforcement, garnering the support of 27 of the 39 County Sheriffs and virtually all rank-and-file law enforcement in opposition to I-594.
  • NRA released articles in our magazines and websites regarding I-594, and the cover story in the September issue of America's 1st Freedom was an article on I-594, which informed every member in the state of Washington about the initiative.
  • NRA included a "VOTE NO 594" flyer and bumper sticker in the October issue of NRA members' magazines that were sent to every member in the state of Washington.
  • NRA sent mailers and made phone calls to hundreds of thousands of targeted non-member voters in the state of Washington, asking them to "VOTE NO 594".
  • NRA bought billboard messages in key areas around the state.
  • NRA had an aggressive social media outreach effort.
  • NRA ran hundreds of thousands of dollars of targeted digital media advertising for several months (see videos here, here, and here).
In addition to the regular staff who coordinate our efforts in Washington State, the NRA hired two, full-time Campaign Field Representatives whose sole charge was to educate gun owners and Second Amendment supporters of the threat I-594 posed to their rights and to ensure they voted against the initiative.

Our field staff accomplished the following in support of our cause in Washington:
  • Signed up tens of thousands of supporters and encouraged them to vote against I-594
  • Distributed 60,000 flyers
  • Printed and disseminated 8,000 yard signs, 30,000 door hangers, 10,000 bumper stickers, buttons and other items
  • Knocked 18,000 doors
  • Made 7,000 phone calls
  • Attended hundreds of events
  • Conducted three Grassroots Workshops
  • Signed up nearly 900 new <broken link removed> to help us in our campaign to defeat I-594
  • Recruited more than 20 new Second Amendment Activist Centers
  • More than doubled our number of <broken link removed>
Please also bear in mind that, in our fight to defeat I-594, NRA faced unprecedented spending by a handful of billionaires and wealthy elitists, who gave the anti-gun lobby over $10 million to spend in support of I-594. And, while we were fighting in Washington State, we were simultaneously engaged in battles on multiple fronts, in all 50 states, requiring NRA resources to be spread over a vast political landscape.

NRA was fighting battles in both the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives, in thousands of state legislative races, and in numerous gubernatorial and attorney general races. In the end, we were successful in achieving a number of very significant victories in elections all across the country, most notably electing a pro-gun U.S. Senate, which will pay dividends for gun owners nationwide (for more information on some of our victories, please click here).

Further, NRA was fully engaged in Washington state legislative races. We won virtually every critical race and will be aided by a philosophically supportive majority in Olympia.

Moving forward, NRA will continue to focus public awareness on the ineffectiveness of I-594 to stem violence or prevent determined criminals from getting guns. We will also expose gun control supporters' attempts to transform the federal and state background check systems into registries of gun transfers and, ultimately, registries of gun possession.

Obviously, we are disappointed in the outcome of I-594 and are committed to doing everything we can to mitigate the damage caused to our members in Washington State. We are already in discussions about legislative remedies to the most onerous provisions. As always, we will continue to work in whatever arena is realistic – legislative, legal or political – to address the concerns of our members.

Respectfully,

Rocco P

NRA-ILA, Grassroots Division

I know some of you will refute the facts as it is in your nature. I say then, what are we supposed to do when two of the Pro 2A groups can't play nice and get on with the fight?

Thanks for posting that Jim. I wrote them too, not quite as strongly worded as yours, but I didn't receive a response back. I'm glad to see what they sent you, and from appearances, if all that is true, they did seem to make an effort. I just wonder why we in Oregon didn't see more from them. I saw few, if any commercials either on TV or on the radio, in opposition to I-594, and considering I'm right on the southern border, would have expected to hear more targeting the southern Washington crowd.

I do not watch much TV anymore but saw one commercial opposing I594, I almost NEVER listen to the radio as I am about as deaf as a stump so cannot weigh in on that part but I did get a lot of e-mails concerning $$$ to fight the fight.

The e-mail posted was the first that got a generic thanks but we cannot possibly respond to every request. I then posted a reply back to them saying:

"So is this generic message saying I will not be getting a reply to my original message?
I am a life member and this response may affect future funding to the NRA."

this was the money shot that triggered the above response. If you mention "may affect future funding" It is defiantly going to get noticed. Remember that just like job applications are screened for key words, so are e-mails to large corporations...

Thanks for your positive response!!!;)

Maybe we don't watch enough TV:rolleyes: It would sure be interesting to see something comparing
the number of eligible voters to, "How many voted for what".o_O

How many succumbed to the feeling that they couldn't beat "the big money" and didn't vote ? :confused:
There was even a site you could check to see if your "Mail-In" vote had been counted.:cool:
The ones I talked to that voted for I-594 were all under the impression that it was just "Back-Ground-Checks", as that's what the anti's were pushing, along with the same old lies. :mad:

Now there's another "We did something, so now we Feel Good", law on the books.:(

I do not watch much TV anymore but saw one commercial opposing I594, I almost NEVER listen to the radio as I am about as deaf as a stump so cannot weigh in on that part but I did get a lot of e-mails concerning $$$ to fight the fight.

The e-mail posted was the first that got a generic thanks but we cannot possibly respond to every request. I then posted a reply back to them saying:

"So is this generic message saying I will not be getting a reply to my original message?
I am a life member and this response may affect future funding to the NRA."

this was the money shot that triggered the above response. If you mention "may affect future funding" It is defiantly going to get noticed. Remember that just like job applications are screened for key words, so are e-mails to large corporations...

Thanks for your positive response!!!;)

You're right, I should have mentioned the money ;). I too am a life member, but most recently I joined the SAF to help support them in their fight against I-594. I'm hoping maybe the NRA will get involved there too?

It was sure a lot more than I was lead to believe by all the scuddle butt on various forums about their presence here at n Wa.
And a big yes that "some gun owners" voted for it due to believing the lies that it was only about BGC's!!!:eek:

It's not that it is a feel good that they did all they could but when you're outspent by $10,000,000 and with valuable midterm elections to boot.

I read the NRA response and the list of actions they took against 594. How visible was all this to the voters if the members here on the forum didn't think they had done enough and they would have been looking for it. I guess I'm asking the question that for all they did was it the right stuff to do to really reach out to the voters. Is there a better way? I'm not smart enough to answer the question, so please indulge me for asking it.

Many think just because they pay dues & donate that their duty to protect their 2A rights is done. Far from it.
Those who are ardent supporters of the constitution (not just the 2nd) try to fill the void between those who are uninformed, don't care and just too lazy to do anything.
Yes there are those that say they support the 2A but sit by and hope others will get it done for them.:confused:

If people really cared more about their own individual rights instead of what everyone else thinks about them, we would have won every fight against these despicable anti rights zealots. ;)

Living in SW WA I think I saw maybe 4 yard signs, no bumper stickers and not one door hanger..... I did pick up a sign from a local gun store but that was the only place I saw anything happening.

I also saw a truck with a magnetic sign on each side but am sure they had it made up or ???

And as for any TV I did not see anything.

Man, I have so many bumper stickers on all my rigs & was giving them away to anyone who would take them & my message about the lies the antis were spreading on TV, radio & internet!!! :D
The internet is where you reach the younger crowd, it's who they are (have a phone or tablet in their face every waking hour). Let's remember that next time...;)

Considering the size of this country and everything the NRA was involved in, they did what they could on the I594
Most people do not have a clue to what the NRA even does, which is pretty sad to say the least.
Then there are the plants from the Bloomberg camps that have to bad mouth the NRA at every opportunity.
The level that people go to is pretty disgusting.
The Antis won Washington's election by deception and serious APATHY by the Washington voters ....
(40% turnout) and not much else, and it was all enabled by the Millions that Bloomberg threw into the state to deceive the people about gun rights and the 2nd Amendment. He has no stake in Washington, and in my opinion what he did was criminal and treasonous to our country and the Constitution and anyone that helps him financially and or verbally is equally guilty ! By verbally I mean attacks against the NRA especially.

I just sent the NRA a letter also recently commending them on the National Win for the House and Senate and asked them if they plan to get involved in Washington's I594 challenge. I wonder if SAF invited them into the fight ? I have my doubts, but hope they have.
They need help on that one, but tend to like single engine flights without copilots.. Some they win some they don't, but this one, the stakes are too high for a solo flight.

Last Edited:
Considering the size of this country and everything the NRA was involved in, they did what they could on the I594
Most people do not have a clue to what the NRA even does, which is pretty sad to say the least.
Then there are the plants from the Bloomberg camps that have to bad mouth the NRA at every opportunity.
The Antis won Washington's election by deception and serious APATHY by the Washington voters ....
(40% turnout) and not much else, and it was all enabled by the Millions that Bloomberg threw into the state to deceive the people about gun rights and the 2nd Amendment. He has no stake in Washington, and in my opinion what he did was criminal and treasonous to our country and the Constitution and anyone that helps him financially and or verbally is equally guilty ! By verbally I mean attacks against the NRA especially.

I just sent the NRA a letter also recently commending them on the National Win for the House and Senate and asked them if they plan to get involved in Washington's I594 challenge. I wonder if SAF invited them into the fight ? I have my doubts, but hope they have.
They need help on that one, but tend to like single engine flights without copilots.. Some they win some they don't, but this one, the stakes are too high for a solo flight.

While the SAF will/should lead the way in Washington, it would lend considerable force to the lawsuit just to have the NRA-ILA involved in some way.

Actually, the voter turnout was 54.16% (which isn't much, but it also isn't 40%....:rolleyes:;) ) of which <broken link removed> voted for I594.....hmmm...I'm not really strong in math, but I'm feeling like that is in the neighborhood of 25-30% of the total of Washington voters who voted for 'stricter background checks'...o_O

What I don't get is how the anti's turned those numbers into, "80% of Washington voters wanted more gun control":mad::mad:...
I have actually had several students sheepishly raise their hands and admit they voted "for" I-594 because they thought it was just a BGC...:(:( *sigh* So sad are the consequences of a society that wants truth to be 'relative', which makes bald faced lying and emotional manipulation just a pragmatic means to a desired end....:eek:

So sad are the consequences of a society that wants truth to be 'relative', which makes bald faced lying and emotional manipulation just a pragmatic means to a desired end....:eek:

Man, I hate it when relativism is in play. When you convince people there is no 'truth', no 'right and wrong' except what you decide for yourself, you end up with a lot of very messed up people with no real direction.

Thank you for posting. I wish ALL of the 2A groups could get along and work towards the same goal. Unfortunately, that does not appear to be the case.
Thank you NRA, thank you OFF and thank you SAF. Please band together and fight for the freedoms of those that support your organizations.

The NRA made signs and manned a booth at the Puyallup Fair... They aren't even part of the SAF's challenge that was filed in Tacoma. They took WA members money and I didn't see one commercial. I don't see "them" questioning the constitutionality of the "BUBBLEGUM" law...
I will never waste another cent on those worthless POS's........... All they want is your money, lesson learned:(

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

The NRA made signs and manned a booth at the Puyallup Fair... They aren't even part of the SAF's challenge that was filed in Tacoma. They took WA members money and I didn't see one commercial. I don't see "them" questioning the constitutionality of the "BUBBLEGUM" law...
I will never waste another cent on those worthless POS's........... All they want is your money, lesson learned:(

We don't see TV ads for much in WA state here in Vancouver as all the commercial stations are in Portland. Besides some people are never happy with an outcome, no matter how much is spent or what is done.
I see that the anti's "divide and conquer" plan is working well.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I would like to see the invitation that SAF sent to the NRA when they filed the lawsuit.
Anyone have a copy of that ??????????????
I wonder how they asked for assistance on this. There has to be something in writing somewhere.
If no one has seen that I will assume that they were not invited to aid SAF and they want to carry the ball all by themselves??

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top