JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Warning, zombie thread...

I ended up going with S&W, specifically an M&P9c. It's been 14+/- years since their last political indiscretion and they pretty quickly changed ownership and corrected things. Additionally, they offer their M&P series with or without all the nanny-state features (10lb trigger, magazine safety, manual safety, internal lock). I was able to get my gun without any of this silliness, and I appreciate that. You can't get a Ruger like that!

Ok, I'm looking for a company to support with my business. I'm looking for a gun company that is:

- Based in the US with American ownership and American manufacturing
- A largish company with at least 10 years of manufacturing experience
- Makes semi-automatic handguns
- Doesn't have a history of pissing on the 2A
- Doesn't make crap
- Bonus points for vacating anti-gun states

Am I missing anything? Are there any other US handgun companies who make quality guns in the US and haven't been out to sell our our rights in the recent past?

You are allowed by Federal Law to make one firearm per year. I suggest you go to Craigslist, find an engine lathe, and a 3 axis vertical mill. Have enough of your friends help "tool up" moneywise, then you can order 4120/4130 steel in bulk from China and make it yourself. The antigunners have forced gun manufacturer's to put on extra safety features- such as "Heritage .22LR" Single Action Army has a hammer block safety.

Find the style of gun you want. Find American manufacturer's of different parts. The parts you cannot purchase you can take measurements from and make them yourself.

This is the ONLY way you're going to get EVERYTHING you want. I would consider a few compromises.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top