JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like to try out a couple of candidates for concealed carry--probably the S&W 642/649 and the Ruger LCR among others. Also I get the feeling that a whole lot of people have gone through several purchases in finding the "perfect" holster and I'd like to be able to avoid a succession of purchases by trying some out before purchase.

Any place/venue around that provides serious evaluation before purchase? Maybe rental range with good holster selection available for trial? It would be great if our club could arrange for sessions with interested members, but I don't think that is likely.

I tend to agree, though I've seen some commercial brands mentioned as possibles. For starters I'm looking for a concealed holster for a S&W M66 until I find my "ideal" carry weapon.

LOL.... you WILL go through a succession of holsters no matter how hard you try, because there are so many dress scenerios that you'll come accross... IWB, OWB, belly band carry, shoulder carry, pocket carry, ankle carry, "mexican" carry, etc, etc, etc.

I've gone from a CC shoulder rig in the '80/'90's (1911 & Beretta 92F), to belly band, to OWB, to currently IWB and pocket carry (PT145/Glock 30)... now I'm considering a nice leather OWB rig for other certain dress scenerios I find myself in more and more from CC to OC.

It'll never end... :s0112:

Just find some people around you that have holsters and try those for a day. I'm sure there's a couple people on Northwest firearms that are close to you And would be willing to let you try a holster out.

IMO those Ted Blocker and Don Hume holsters are over priced and not near as good as a hybrid style holster assuming you are looking for IWB conceal. I have a SHTF Gear IWB hybrid for my XD-9 subcompact and absolutely love it. They sometimes have special discounts too.

Don't cheap out on a holster or belt. If you do, it will end up in a drawer or box somewhere. You will save $ in the long run if you buy a proven quality holster and belt. The most popular IWB holster is the Milt Sparks VMII. There is a 26 week wait because of the demand. Buy quality and only cry once.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top