JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really like the holsters ive ordered from ubgholsters.com
(I think thats thw website, search ubg holsters and youll fine it.)

Theyre about the least expensive hand molded leather holsters ive seem. Fit and finish is really nice
I have purchased 3 from www.exodusgunleather.com (cut and paste, open, then hit products). Handmade. He also uses shark and elephant. Have one of both. Great guy. I met him and his op when i was in SCarolina in January

I'm looking to get a leather holster for my Colt Trooper .357 with 4" barrel and have googled a number of places. I was surprised that several came up in the local area during my search. I've looked at Ted Blocker Holsters and he does have one style that interests me and I've sent the store an email about it and how long it would take to be ready after an order and if it could be done in cross draw. I'm glad to see the mentions in this thread about the place.

Another place in Beaverton that also has a leather holster style that looks interesting is Barsony Holsters. I've also sent and email to them about time frame and if it could be done in cross draw. I didn't see anyone mention this place in the thread so I wonder if that is just because nobody has used them or if they haven't stood out in anyway.

I looked at the others mentioned in the thread but they don't appear to do leather, which is what I want. I've read that the Colt Python and Colt Trooper are pretty close in size, so I have been googling all over the place looking for holsters for either gun. Some of the nice one's I've seen without being to elaborate (and costly) they are really a couple of months back logged or no longer taking orders (I really liked those by Old Gringo). I'm finding that my tastes in leather holsters must not be what a lot of other people like since I don't find a lot in the styles I like, which is not a showboat masterpiece but not just a folded over plain piece of leather either. Us humble plain folks are just hard to please I guess. :)

Mike

have not read through all replies, so this may have been mentioned, but I just had Wright Leatherworks make me one for my S&W wheel gun. The quality is second to none. If it's a lifetime gun she has, then it's worth the expense. I upgraded to the two layer version which means the inside is "face" or smooth leather as well which is less abrasive for the gun and takes the shape much better from the maker. Check their site out. Great small company.

The reason you haven't heard about Barsony from anyone is because most that have purchased from them know they're absolute trash. I made the mistake of purchasing one of their shoulder rigs a few years back and you would be hard pressed to find anything more poorly made. Was going through my holster drawer about two weeks ago & came across it, and a friend of mine just got a new pistol so I gave it to him. Just talked to him yesterday and he had straightened out the straps (they're so thin they easily twist up & actually roll over on the edges) and tried it for a good week saying it just ended up doing the same thing. His biggest complaint aside from the quality was that he could never keep an adjustment on it, which was also my experience. It's now taking up space in 'his' drawer! On another note - Barsony is a fairly local business to me, so I recently went to see their showroom looking for a cheep in the waistband nylon holster until I determined how I want to carry my new Bersa. I was met by I believe the owner. Now you should know I'm 65 years old and an extremely polite person, I was raised that way and believe in it - up to a point. It takes a LOT to piss me off. This guy is the rudest mouthiest person you will EVER meet if you go in there? Now here's the kicker, I was INVITED over the phone to come in to their showroom! What happened was, on their website it states that if your local to come on in and have a look around in their showroom, and that it's open till 3pm weekdays. So I went in, got there at 1:30pm and - they were closed. So, the next day I called and complained because it's a good 35 min 'one way' for me to get there + gas! She said she didn't know what happened, and invited me to come back stating that "yes, they are normally open till 3pm.". So about a week later I tried again, a little after 2pm, and again they were closed (door locked, lights out, & nobody inside). Well on the phone she said they also have the building next door so if it looks closed just knock on the door. So I knocked. Was greeted by a bearded foreign guy in a really pissy way asking me what I wanted and why I was pounding on his door - I simply knocked, once! Told him I was here the other day & they were closed and I was invited back to look at your holsters. I got about 4 steps in and again was asked very rudely what I wanted. I showed him the original gun box my Bersa TPR9c came in, with a very clear and obvious locked padlock on it, and told him I was looking for holsters for my new Bersa - still being very polite! I was then told in the rudest way you could imagine "ya know what, just leave - get out of my show room! Leave my store!" I knew I heard him correctly but it was one of those totally unexpected moments where nothing made sense so you question it with the first thing that comes to mind. "What?" He responded once again with "Just get the hell out of my showroom, get out now! We're not a retail store, we're manufacturing only, so get out! Leave!" Stunned, I just left. Keep in mind on their site they actually invite you to come see their showroom, NOWHERE does it say they are 'manufacturing only'! Also, when you go there they have absolutely NO sign ANYWHERE - on the door, windows, or in the showroom stating that it is a gun free zone! This is a family owned business that's in it strictly for the money only! My experience with them is that they literally hate guns, gun owners, and especially Concealed Carry - but have no qualms about taking your money for a poorly made product. They are the most disrespectful business I have EVER come across in my lifetime and will never see a dime from me or anyone I know. In most cases what goes around really should come around, so my advise would be to steer clear of Barsony's, I could not imagine anything but the very worst in customer service!
Rating = a HUGE

IMG_20190204_133253.jpg

I found that I liked the Hunter brand of holsters, so I looked up the information that told me what size fit my guns and bought several of them off Ebay. Several of them were used but still in good shape and one was new but old stock still in the box that I got for my Security Six. My Colt Trooper fix great as does my 4" barrel Security Six and the 6" barrel Security Six I bought one for (I traded the 6" for a Beretta).

The Hunter holsters are plain leather but well made and they seem to have stood up well over time. You can find a lot of them on Ebay for very reasonable prices. Since I don't have show case guns, I don't need a show case holster. Just one that I don't mind getting dirty or wet while protecting my gun.

Mike

NVM.

Didn't realize this was a resurrected zombie thread.
Well now you do, and it's not really that old of a thread. I've also come across other threads, older yes, but they've had the same experiences with Barsony. Their still in business and still mistreating their customer, so I think an updated was due - especially given the recency of my experience with them. So, I'm still trying to figure this out. What's your point? And how does it add any value to the thread?

It's alright.
Good to know where not to look.
Still haven't bought a holster.
I'm still looking also. Been looking at Craft Holsters. Ordered one of their Belt Pouches with Concealed Gun Holster, but if they don't have the size and color you want then it is custom made and takes up to a month and a half to get. I'll probably do a review when I get it. I popped for the one with the paddle attachment in an olive & black color. It was an extra $20 for the paddle attachment, which I thought was quite steep but it's a convenient attachment if your not always wearing a belt so I went for it.

Well now you do, and it's not really that old of a thread. I've also come across other threads, older yes, but they've had the same experiences with Barsony. Their still in business and still mistreating their customer, so I think an updated was due - especially given the recency of my experience with them. So, I'm still trying to figure this out. What's your point? And how does it add any value to the thread?

My initial in-depth reply was meant for the OP, but after realizing that it was an old thread, I figured that the OP wouldn't be around to see it, or had likely already found a holster by now.

To my surprise he both returned to the thread, and still hasn't picked up a holster.

In sum, I congratulated his wife on an excellent choice, as I too have a Walther PPQ .45, and I like it a lot.

I also mentioned initally having a hard time finding a holster -- As the PPQ .45 was fairly new then, and not many mainstream holster companies were offering holsters for them. I eventually got lucky on Ebay.

As for others looking for holsters ITT-- When looking for a holster for my GP-100, I found another vendor(who also sells on Ebay) -- Braids Holsters out of South Carolina. I was very pleased with the quality of his workmanship -- as well as his fair price.

Will that pass your 'value to the thread' bar?o_O

My initial in-depth reply was meant for the OP, but after realizing that it was an old thread, I figured that the OP wouldn't be around to see it, or had likely already found a holster by now.

To my surprise he both returned to the thread, and still hasn't picked up a holster.

In sum, I congratulated his wife on an excellent choice, as I too have a Walther PPQ .45, and I like it a lot.

I also mentioned initally having a hard time finding a holster -- As the PPQ .45 was fairly new then, and not many mainstream holster companies were offering holsters for them. I eventually got lucky on Ebay.

As for others looking for holsters ITT-- When looking for a holster for my GP-100, I found another vendor(who also sells on Ebay) -- Braids Holsters out of South Carolina. I was very pleased with the quality of his workmanship -- as well as his fair price.

Certainly does. First off, my sincere apology. I mistook your post as a smart bubblegum reply, which I have a low tolerance for. It seems I was very wrong, so thankyou for your response. To much politics on Twitter and then getting blindsided like that at Barsonys....I guess my blood was still boiling. But, that's no excuse. Anyway, again, you have my apology.... lesson learned.

How in the world does an automatic spell checker go from "smart bubblegum" to "bubblegum"!! ;)

Not my spellchecker. Apparently this site doesn't let me say 'smart... ah.. donkey'. Another lesson learned. o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top